• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

[color=limegreen][b][PvM][/b][/color] Kalphite King Guide

Started by Fuls, January 16, 2013, 06:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuls

KALPHITE KING GUIDE

Magic Inv With Quickswap weps (Note the chaos and soul runes are to increase damage delt by 10% for 1min with Vaunrability always use a Healing familiar If you do not have UNI with cure poison Bring an Antipoison++):

Magic armour (Aim for as good as possible as risk of loosing armour is very very low because of the easy run back):

Bars (These are my 2 bars only my magic and Defence bars adjust yours how you play but make sure you have all these defensive abilities in them):

[Melee Attacks]
Note: This phase is signified by the Kalphite King's wings being orange. It is weak to fire spells in this phase.

Standard Attack: This attack has a bleeding attack similar to Slaughter, dealing 3x damage when moving. This is possibly one of the most dangerous attacks as even with Protection prayers, players will find themselves being hit for almost 2000+ damage. (IF HIT BY IT TRY NOT TO MOVE OR EAT LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER)
Charge: The King charges for a few seconds and then rushes forward, pushing everyone in the way into the wall.
Stomp: The king stomps and produces a shock wave. Players within the melee range will be hit and pushed back. Also, their defence level will be reduced by a small amount.

[Ranged Attacks]
Note: This phase is signified by the Kalphite King's wings being coloured green. It is weak to stab attacks at this time.

Standard Attack: The king will fire an attack that looks like the Kalphite Queen's ranged attack. This attack will cause a damage over time effect similar to the Fragmentation Shot ability, including taking 3x damage when moving. This attack is usually used together with the Stun Darts (see below).
Stun Darts: The king will fire stun darts at a group of players, which will have a chance to stun them.
Incendiary Shot: The king fires an incendiary shot to everyone in range, which will explode in few seconds that hit for a massive damage around 5000. This attack also has the possibility of draining your prayer.

[Magic Attacks]
Note: This phase is signified by the Kalphite King's wings being coloured blue. It is weak to range attacks at this time.

The Magical bomb attack.

Blue Energy Circles Attack: The king will shoot numerous blue energy circles to everyone in range for up to 3000 damage. However, the circles will target on the ground instead of the player, so players can avoid damage by moving away before the circle lands.
Green Energy Circles Attack: The king will launch some greenish-yellow circles that slowly levitate and explode. The circles will hit multiple players in range which can also stun them. The maximum damage of these circles are about 4000, but it will usually hit for 2000. This attack could be very deadly if the player is hit by multiple circles. It is suggested using the abilities Escape or Freedom (if stunned) to evade. (IN OTHERWORDS YOU HAVE 0 SECONDS TO RUN THE FUCK AWAY FROM THEM)
Note: For every attack that kalphite minion sustains during the King's life, 3 orbs will spawn per person. To minimise the number of orbs spawned, do not attack any minions while the King is alive. To avoid attacking the minions, take the Chain, Dragon Breath and Ricochet abilities off of the ability bar to avoid using.

[Other Attacks and Abilities]
(SUPER MOTHERFUCKING IMPORTANT YOU WILL DIE IF YOU DO NOT READ THIS!@#%$%KJ!%H!KJH@)

(The Kalphite King's instant-killing attack.)

Instant kill: This is the most deadly ability the king uses. The target player will start to glow in green color and will be killed after few seconds. The player is stunned during the glow, and they will not be able to teleport. The cooldown of Freedom will also be reset to 0. The ONLY WAY to survive this attack is to have a teammate using the ability Provoke, in order to force the king to attack someone else. After using provoke, you can use Resonance to heal instead of getting hit by the King's Insta-kill, Barricade to fully Block the damage, or Immortalitiy to revive after dying from the attack with 30% lifepoints (note: you will still remain the target off Kalphite King after you revive from Immortality effect).
Spawning Monsters: The king will spawn a group of Exiled kalphite marauders (Level 140).

(The Kalphite King reappears after digging. Any player in the way will take heavy melee damage)

Digging: The king will dig into the sand and re-appear under the player it is targeting. The player must get away or they will be stunned and dealt with 4000 melee damage.
Phase changing: The king will change its phases randomly throughout the fight. The colors of its wings are corresponding to its main attacking style and its weakness. If it is yellow it uses melee and is weak to fire spells, blue means it is using magic and is weak to arrows, and when it is green it uses ranged attack and is weak to stab weapons.

[Healing Abilities]

Healing: The king will sometimes eat one of the kalphite corpses beside the walls, healing 24,000 LP (similar to the Gluttonous behemoth).

Heal Aura: The king will sometimes be surrounded by a red aura, causing any attacks done to it to heal it instead of causing damage. (similar to Nex's healing ability during the blood phase).

TL;DR? THERE IS NONE YOU MUST READ THIS ENTIRE GUIDE OR YOU WILL DIE

REMINDER: IF YOU SEE A CIRCLE RUN THE FUCK AWAY FROM IT.

Mojo

Impressive guide!

I've stickied it to make it stand out.

Good work :D
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

IlIScottIlI

posted in the pvm group signup topic but i guess it better fitted here....
so i'd sub in gano and which chaotic shield eagle eye or chaotic kite...... dont have farseer

pretty much would i be better off with strong mage/range or range/melee def

Fuls

Mage range, as they are the most used attacks be the King.

Mister Kyle

If I ever decide to go to the Kalphite King, I'll definitely use this, thanks!

Jesse

Very thorough guide! Will be using this as soon as we make our clan trip to KK. Thank you for posting this.