• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Runescape Dinasty closes

Started by BeeBee, January 24, 2013, 03:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeBee

http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1570715-where-legends-are-born-runescape-dinasty-closes/
[spoiler]
Runescape Dinasty Closes

Closure

After nearly 12 years of existence, Runescape Dinasty is closing its doors.   It was not an easy decision or something that was a spur of the moment thing or a decision on reflection of recent events.   It has been an accumulation of discussions over time and circumstances going forward that have led up to the final decision to close.  The decision was based on the future and what it looked like, where things were heading and it is a decision felt to be in the best interests of the clan.  It will come as a surprise to many, but it was something that was due.

Memories

We've had the privilege to have thousands of fights against hundreds of clans, many of which aren't around anymore either.   On behalf of RSD I thank the entire clan world that we have been a part of for all of the experiences that we have accumulated over the years.  The moments and fights that we have had against everyone have been something great that most likely will never be forgotten in regards to the history of RSD.  We cherished every fight that we were able to get and grateful that so many clans' were willing to fight over the years. 

Through it all some things just didn't change, RSD being one of them.  We stuck to the foundations from day one until the end, which was the genetic make up for the clan.  No matter the challenges or difficulties other clans provided for us, RSD remained standing tall through it all.  That strength in loyalty and commitment was strong until the very end and I couldn't have asked of anything more.  It showed what RSD was, is, and always will be; greatness at heart.  The clan world game of today is completely different to the place RSD started in, likewise our member base.  But as it has all gradually changed RSD have always stuck by our principles, the RSD way of thinking and mentality being passed on to the next generations of RSD over the years.  Our 2003 website described RSD to the outside world as a place of friendly atmosphere, active, family orientated, loyalty, strength, organisation, honour, courage and commitment.  Such words could be used to sum up RSD in any year we have existed.

[img[http://i53.tinypic.com/14vs57o.png[/img]http://http://Few other clans can say they have been involved at the top end of clanning for pretty much every era of the clan world.  From the emergence of clans and RS1 wars, to the emergence of RS2, the gradual development of RS2 clan world tactics and then throughout the rollercoaster of changes the game has seen since then, Runescape Dinasty have made an impact throughout.  I could praise certain years in terms of our achievements, but I can honestly say every year has been a fantastic and enjoyable experience. 

Though opinions may vary on just how significant it was, there is no doubt that Runescape Dinasty has left its mark on the clan world.  More importantly we have left a reflection on those people who were able to be a part of RSD at some point as in turn they have left their mark on RSD.  There are so many great memories that are there to be reflected upon and so much history written that barely scratches the surface of all of the great memories that people have had.  Words can only begin to describe the multifaceted entity that is RSD.  Our lifetime as RSD may have come to an end but everything that we have done will surely not be forgotten. 

Thank you

Thank you to everyone who has put in the effort and who made RSD what it has been for the last 12 years.  Some have been RSD for a fair few of those years, others less, but no matter the era and duration of someone's stay RSD has always been a great place to be and a place hundreds, thousands have called home.

Our forums will remain open for all former members and any guests who want to stay in touch.  To pay tribute to some interesting moments from RSD's post we have released a forum open to anyone who wishes to reminisce or learn more about RSD as a clan.

RSD, where legends are born.  We are no more, but may the legend forever live on.

==ice==
[/spoiler]

Discuss?
Is this the final turn of the knife?

Probably the last real #1 on rs, since EoC top 5 is pointless and has been since towards their end of reign

Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Randy

RSD DIED HAHAHAHAHHAA TT #1 SMD PANDA

But yeah, probably the end. Rip.

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

BeeBee

Quote from: Randy on January 24, 2013, 03:55:22 PM
RSD DIED HAHAHAHAHHAA TT #1 SMD PANDA

But yeah, probably the end. Rip.
w00t. I was meant to write "Inb4Randy".

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Rammstein

Runescape is dead lets face it, its not even the same game anymore.... I give it a year at most

Mojo

No panda, TT pulled 17 vs CE!!!

Anyway, heard last night when we were doing tank practice. Big blow for the clan world.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Al

no m8 runescape is very well alive it will last for years to come

the clan world is dying. pvp clan world.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Dratz

The clan world IS Runescape... at least it is to many people. zybez.net is only getting its thousands of visits per day because of the clanners that go to view to clan discussion/clan fights section.

CD and RSD were starting to get into some heavy beef, but they were really the only ones that accepted our fights. I was eager to see CD crush them, but now that they've died I feel sorry.

RIP RSD, that trend-setting clan(grandpassssssss). Much respect.

This will probably shine light onto other clans that even the top notch clans can close, and it will probably cause a lot more clans & teams to close. This could be the end.

Hog - Biggest Keyboard Warrior - Winter Fun Awards 2013

BeeBee

Quote from: Dratz on January 24, 2013, 09:05:28 PM
This will probably shine light onto other clans that even the top notch clans can close

However, as I say and agree with you, this is the final straw for the clan world. Think y'all have to join us ex players soon!

Al

That makes me wonder then, how are we still open? Not that I'm surprised we are or want to throw in the towel, but what are the contributing factors? Yeah, Gene's the longest serving clan leader ever and still going, but we've gone through spells of him going inactive and still pulled through.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Mojo

Quote from: Al on January 25, 2013, 02:42:07 AM
That makes me wonder then, how are we still open? Not that I'm surprised we are or want to throw in the towel, but what are the contributing factors? Yeah, Gene's the longest serving clan leader ever and still going, but we've gone through spells of him going inactive and still pulled through.
Because the mentality here is: whatever happens, no matter how bad we are "slumping", no matter the state of the clan world, we will not close.
the RSD mentality must have been along the lines of: this isn't fun, we're not doing so well, let's close before it gets worse.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Pacman Syu

WELL WE'RE STILL HERE RIGHT?  <3
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<