• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Lawful Name Change

Started by Vio, March 19, 2013, 12:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vio

Just posting to clear up any confusion that may arise.

As of today I have made a lawful name change.
My name is now Vio of the family Amethyst, or Vio otf Amethyst.
You may call me Vio for short.

My IRC nickname will be Vio, and my RuneScape display name WG Vio.
I will update the forums and memberlists, and other RS-related groups e.g. RSC, YouTube, etc. as necessary.

Wayshow

lolwat

nice sig
lol

I'll call you Violet from now on ;)

Vio

Quote from: Wayshow on March 19, 2013, 01:00:34 AM
I'll call you Violet from now on ;)

It does come from Violet, which is French for purple. I shortened it to avoid sounding female.

Asaad

k Venezuela information office.

no but really, what inspired vio? whats is your middle name?
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

Colinwarrior

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

Vio

Quote from: Asaad on March 19, 2013, 01:16:36 AM
no but really, what inspired vio? whats is your middle name?

My original middle name is a well-kept secret that only my family and very close friends know.
The "otf" in my new name simply means "of the family", a term used by Freemen.

Vio was truly inspired by the French "Violet".
I have had a love for the French culture since I was 13.
I would like to at least become fluent in the language, and hopefully move to Paris one day.

Violet, or purple rather, bears at least some significance to WG - it is as much part of me as I am of it.
It's also a colour reference to my birthstone, Amethyst, and also my new surname.

His Lordship

Please tell me if you actually changed it lawfully.

Vio

Quote from: His Lordship on March 19, 2013, 01:24:22 AM
Please tell me if you actually changed it lawfully.

For a Freeman (a sort of libertarian ideology), there is an immensely strong difference between the terms "legal" and "lawful".
All legal documents pertaining to my person retain the name of Keanu, a person. (e.g. drivers license, passport etc.)
However, to all my family and friends, I am lawfully now known as Vio, a human being.

Think of it this way: I, the human you known, am Vio, whereas my birth certificate remains Keanu.

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Owen

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

This Babylon

this guy bleeds wg, CHANGED HIS NAME TO PURPLE

Jesse

Next you should make a symbol that represents "Vio", kinda like Prince did. This is definitely going to help your politics for raidmaster ;P Haha

His Lordship

Keith

right on dude, I've always wanted to change my last name (legally though), but I know it'd hurt family members etc.

Randy

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Ts Stormrage

For the dutch/flemmish: This is now whats known as his roepnaam...

So how long before those around you will actually start to call you that?
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Zemus

Raging Mage2

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

SquelchyFish

Pacman Syu

Doood. hello Vio o.O Nice choice, anyway. Very Dubya Gee-ish.
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

Rachellove9

Keanu was one of the most awesome names.
I really love that name and came to respect the person that I thought of each time I heard it.
Sometimes we try to leave behind things that were hurtful but they are what developed the person we became.
You have become a great person over the years and I'm saddened by the name change.
Vio although I understand your thinking it will associate you with purple, I think of Vehicles in Operation or Vertial Input/Output.
Vio is also a term used for the cell phone company that I currently use.
Keanu was such a unique name and just as creative sounding as you are.
Good luck with the name change and I hope this doesn't have a bad impact on your future real life careers.
If I was your real life mother, this would be one of those things I'd want to spank you over. . .
I still love you.

Taibz

I'll prevent myself from saying something that I really shouldn't say.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]