• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Want to upgrade your PC? Look here! ($600 budget comp)

Started by RobbieThe1st, August 15, 2011, 08:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobbieThe1st

Knowing that some of you have computers that are poor at best, I've decided to put together a nice little PC build for you guys. This uses the same tech that I run(And people seem to be impressed with the RS quality that I have), and though it's not 'top of the line', it should run all modern games on mid to high settings, and runescape on absolute maximum settings without breaking a sweat.
-------
As far as actually building your comp, it's not a big deal. There's nice picture-guides for everything, and plenty of Youtube videos to help you out if you get stuck. Figure it'd take a newbie about two hours to do it, and then another hour to install Windows.
-------
Anyway, the base build(Only the PC box and everything inside; no screens or peripherals:
Newegg wishlist: Link
~3.2ghz, quad-core processor
~4GB of ram
~1TB harddisk
~GTS 450 video card
~Windows 7 Home Premium(Note: If you've already got a copy you can use, it's $100 off by removing it)
Cost: ~$600
-------
If you don't have a keyboard and mouse, you can pick them out on Newegg for a few dollars, or go with a high-end Logitech or Razor set for under $100. It all depends on your budget and manner of gameplay.
-------
Screens:
If you don't have a spare monitor(or want a better one), here's a couple of choices. Note that the above rig can handle two of *any* screen without issue, though more than two will require an adapter or second video card.

Choice 1: ASUS VB175T
Size: 17" square-screen
Resolution: 1280x1024
Cost: $115-130

Choice 2: Acer X223WDbd
Size: 22" widescreen
Resolution: 1680x1050
Cost $130-170

Choice 3: ASUS VH222H-P
Size: 21.5" widescreen(more pixels/inch than the last one)
Resolution: 1920x1080
Cost: $140-180

Choice 4: Asus VG236H + Nvidia 3D Vision kit
Size: 23" widescreen
Resolution: 1920x1080
Cost: $500-$550
Other: This is a higher-frequency monitor, designed specifically for 3D gaming. It includes all you need to view your games and 3D movies in 3D on the above computer. Not for everyone, but it's certainly a cool option if you have the money. ;)

-------
As far as choosing what you want from the above, I'd go with at least one 1920x1080 monitor if you have the desk space for it. The others aren't as good a value per usable pixel space.

I hope this guide helps someone get a feel for what computers cost /if you do it yourself/. If you tried to buy something with the exact same specs and build quality, it'd cost at least twice this.

Please ask any questions here.

Thanks.

I am left handed, and proud of it! (Mostly)Retired from RuneScape.
Old forum posts: 2275(s4+s10+wg.com)+2233(z6)+770(wg.com IPB) Total: 5278
Join date: 4/16/05 | Get Firefox 6 now: http://www.getfirefox.com

BeeBee

I have a gaming computer already :3, but nice idea robbie
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Vio

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on August 15, 2011, 08:22:15 AM
(And people seem to be impressed with the RS quality that I have)

splatsplatsplatsplatsplatsplatsplatsplat

PineappleTom

Quote from: DG Keanu on August 15, 2011, 03:19:34 PM
Quote from: RobbieThe1st on August 15, 2011, 08:22:15 AM
(And people seem to be impressed with the RS quality that I have)

splatsplatsplatsplatsplatsplatsplatsplat

You have Pernix? o.O

And on topic, this is really helpful Robbie. Really considering adding a Windows Desktop, and know I know where to look.

Planolocal

sounds legit may have to get that setup on account my comp is a piece of shit. im sure ill add some tweeks here and there, but more than definitely helps bro thanks.
Opening up a new can of whoop ass, every hour on the hour.