• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

RS3 PvP Clan World

Started by Al, August 08, 2013, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

I miss PvP. A few days ago I decided to post an LFC thread on RSB looking for a clan in RS3 that would allow multi-clanning, and only one has posted. Now, at least there's one, but normally there would be 10s and 20s of clans posting for a player with max combat level. This is a good testament that there are very few or no clans left on RSB that focus in PvP.

So then I looked for that RSB Battle Ladder we all once heard of, and I found out it hasn't even been updated for about a  year. There's an official stickied topic with almost 500 pages of posts, but all activity that's left on it is bickering about EoC and when the ladder will be revived. I scrolled about 15 pages back to discussion from early this year, and one poster talked about how their only hope would be for the J-Cup to come around again. Where is it this summer?

RSB PvP is dead. Obviously, so is RSC RS3 PvP, since every clan switched to 07. Even Tip.It clan forums is inactive. I went out to test the wilderness in live action, and I managed to mined a full inventory of rune rocks without even being seen by a pker. Last night, Dj and Flamingfungi spent two hours at Chaos Elementals (monster in deep wildy) presumably not seen by PKers either.

So what can we do? RSC posters have been talking about linking the RSB and RSC clan world together, but nothing has happened. I think that would be a good first step -- make a copied topic from RSB to Zybez and use the same ranks. We can advertise the RS3 PvP community by talking with the whole community of RuneScape clans interested in PvP at all, and start a clan directory.

After that's done, I think we and Jagex have to take a new step in marketing PvP in the game. The complaining isn't going to work anymore, and it needs something new to help it take off and keep it there. Maybe YouTube, Twitch streaming of RS3 wars (which can be featured on the front page).

Thoughts and suggestions?
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

BeeBee

M8 rs3 pvp is shite. That's not just me saying that either. That's the majority of rsc and some higher regarded sg members.
Its a pvm game.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Colinwarrior

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

Al

I didn't make this topic for you to say the PvP is shit. I'm well-aware of the state of it and the combat system. I'm talking about the future of PvP clanning. This has nothing to do with 07 or SG.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Quikdrawjoe

As long as 07 lives RS3 PVP will stay dead.  Clans are going to opt for the easier nostalgia option rather than learning the new combat system.  Also, PVP has been on a trend towards better and better gear for everything making it a fight over which clan has more members willing to drop more money into it.  The best way to revive RS3 PVP would be for 07 to die off.

Second, RSB is a terrible place for clanning.  Although even they dislike multi clanners.

I killed Tip.It CD didn't ya know?
Former Tip.It Super Moderator, LND Legionnaire, WG Elite Guardian

Tip.It and WG Real Life Meeting Attendee

BeeBee

RSC clan world will die with 07. DI wont switch over, neither will ROT and neither will EoS. So you have VR being the only "top" clan left.
The 07 clan world on RSC only has like 10-15 clans + teams left anyway. There is no way that will be enough to revitalise PvP in Rs3.
I see no decent future for PvP clanning after 07. It;s been dying rapidly since 2008/2009 anyway and it continues to do so, luckily 07 slowed the degrading of the clan world slowly. It'll always be going down and by the time 07 is useless to the clan world it'll be too late as there will very little clans.

And what I'm saying is, PvP is shite on Rs3 so therefore, who wants to start PvP clanning with a terrible PvP system? I like the look of RS3 for PvM, so I'm not totally anti Rs3.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Quikdrawjoe

PVP is like Highlander, there can be only one.

PVP is like the Sith, there can be only two.  So that is always at least some activity.

Al

The clan world in 07 as it is isn't gonna move back to RS3 (or most of them), which means there's going to have to be new players that discover and learn the new PvP. What would it take for that to happen? New marketing strategy? I feel like Jagex are weaker in the advertising department and we could use some marketing for PvP. That's where all the excitement is.

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Quikdrawjoe

Flames377

Personally I am falling with both the clan world and RS07.
Unless for some reason clanning comes to RS3, Which is rather unlikely.
I'll Attempt to pvp/clan on RS3 depending on how active it is and how much I like it.
But as i said i doubt this will happen so ill prob end up quitting when clanning and 07 is pretty much completely gone.

Al

Quote from: Quikdrawjoe on August 21, 2013, 02:18:19 PM
Make combat simpler :P

Which brings up another question, are people just too lazy to actually try and figure it out? Anyways, if that's true by now it's hopeless for that group of people. Which means, there needs to be an influx of new players that will learn the system.

The thing is if PvP was even fun in RS3 people would be warring. On both games. I mean people already have maxed accounts, so that means most people are ready for war.

Quote from: Flames377 on August 21, 2013, 09:30:59 PM
Personally I am falling with both the clan world and RS07.
Unless for some reason clanning comes to RS3, Which is rather unlikely.
I'll Attempt to pvp/clan on RS3 depending on how active it is and how much I like it.
But as i said i doubt this will happen so ill prob end up quitting when clanning and 07 is pretty much completely gone.

Understandable.

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Asaad

Always people to fight on Skyrim. And just when you've killed everyone there is to kill, well you can summon 100 alduins for the lols.
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

Quikdrawjoe

Quote from: Al on August 21, 2013, 11:49:09 PM
Quote from: Quikdrawjoe on August 21, 2013, 02:18:19 PM
Make combat simpler :P

Which brings up another question, are people just too lazy to actually try and figure it out? Anyways, if that's true by now it's hopeless for that group of people. Which means, there needs to be an influx of new players that will learn the system.

The thing is if PvP was even fun in RS3 people would be warring. On both games. I mean people already have maxed accounts, so that means most people are ready for war.

I'm confused why you're surprised the clan world is lazy.  The EoC is great for non-PVP but for PVP it adds a whole new dimension of complexity that you won't see anywhere else.  For example, few NPCs use stuns.  Whereas in PVP, everyone can use stuns (backhand, kick, and style specific ones) and the opponent can use Anticipate (Immunity to stuns for 10 seconds) or Freedom (breaks stun and immunity for 6 seconds). So imagine in a war where stuns would be critical, you don't want all your members to use their stuns at the same time.  You also don't want people to waste their stuns when the target is under the effects of Anticipate or Freedom.  Also, depending on the stun, you might want to use other abilities next.  For example,  using Massacre (does Damage over Time which is increased by 3x if the target moves off current square) you would then want to use Kick (stun and moves target 2 squares) for an effective KO tactic.  While this is relatively simple in any PVM situation it becomes extremely difficult to coordinate in the middle of combat.

Quote from: Asaad on August 22, 2013, 07:31:45 AM
Always people to fight on Skyrim. And just when you've killed everyone there is to kill, well you can summon 100 alduins for the lols.

How does this even relate to the topic?  We're talking about Runescape not about a PVE single player only game with a simplistic combat system and the ability to be freely modded at whim.

Al

Lol @ Asaad and I'm not surprised Joe. I'm bringing up that point to say the clan world doesn't really dislike the system, rather just lazy to learn or try it.

edit: Here's something else to discuss; most people in Old School are veterans, which means they have RS3 live game accounts anyway. They are fully capable of playing both games, so what would it take for them to war on RS3?

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Quikdrawjoe

Quote from: Al on August 23, 2013, 09:30:26 PM
Lol @ Asaad and I'm not surprised Joe. I'm bringing up that point to say the clan world doesn't really dislike the system, rather just lazy to learn or try it.

edit: Here's something else to discuss; most people in Old School are veterans, which means they have RS3 live game accounts anyway. They are fully capable of playing both games, so what would it take for them to war on RS3?

Closing of OSRS, a simplified PVP combat system, a massive update on what's new in RS, the desire to play RS rather than the nostalgia of the good old days.

thekiwi

i gave rs3 or (eoc) a dam good try before giving up on it when it came out and even single pking was barely doable so i wouldn't like to even think of what clans would have to go through in a war

Al

Quote from: thekiwi on September 27, 2013, 07:49:13 AM
i gave rs3 or (eoc) a dam good try before giving up on it when it came out and even single pking was barely doable so i wouldn't like to even think of what clans would have to go through in a war

Tbh, why's that? They made the toggle useful for 1v1ers that multi'ers can't jump you anymore. How did that backfire for 1v1ers?

For pking clans and multi'ers you can have one clan with multi on and the other in all single, and it becomes a single fight.

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Quikdrawjoe