• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Blog of a Slayer 07

Started by Jaxjoo, September 07, 2013, 11:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaxjoo

Hi guys my name is Olly, also known as Narita and Jaxjoo. My main intrest in RuneScape used to be in big clanning and going on long pk trips and wars but after a good 6 years of fighting in the top 10 (RR, BD, VR) I have since got bored of that lifestyle and slipped into playing just to relax, and the best way I found to relax is to slay. By 2010 I had obtained 99 slayer not once but twice, and with 07 runescape coming out I have decided to do it a third time just for fun. This blog/ goals topic will relay the long and arduous and annoying repetitive road to 99 slayer.

I am to get 124/5/6combat almost entierly through slaying. So a good way to start is to have a sneeky peek at my bank and stats.

My bank is currently at the stage I want it to be, Not having to worry about slay gear (200 super sets with 200 in herb form, 50k cballs, 300 ppots 200 in herb form and plenty of runes/sharks) with a half decent stack to keeo me going for any random things I decide that I MUST have.

My stats however are alright but not what I deem to be acceptable and therefore must be improved. The best way to do this I have found is to have lots of little goals so here they are:

Attack 70 ,80 ,90 ,95 ,99
Strength 70 ,80 ,90 ,99
Defence 75 ,80 ,90 ,95 ,99
Hit Points 78 ,80 ,90 ,99

Range 70 ,80 ,90 ,99
Mage 66 ,70 ,75 ,82
Prayer 70 ,82 ,90 ,98 ,99

Slayer 70 ,75 ,80 ,83 ,85 ,90 ,99

Skill Goals:
Woodcut 57
Rune Craft 30
Herblore 76, 81, 90
Farming 79, 85, 90
Smith 60, 70
Agility 56, 60 ,70
Flecth 55 ,70 ,85
Craft 70 ,80 ,85

Most of the goals do have a reason, Woodcut for example is to make me eligable to rejoin WG.

As most of what I do is slay I dont have a generic skilling outfit but I do have two main gear set ups for slay tasks, one Melee either with out without cannon and another for mage with my best wave spell, currently water wave. Here they are:

Next is where I will post any levels and eventually good drops/clues.

Recent Levels:

Dragon Drops

Slayer Drops

Clues

And finally aiming to add a Third cape to this lineup.

Patty

Good luck, slayer is probably my favourite skill too :).

7PB

gl :) 99 slayer 1 of my main goals atm as well

Credit to Randy Wizard Storm for Sig.

Al

Nice progress. So you have two other RS3 accounts?
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Jaxjoo

I have Jax whos 137 i think but with no items as i traded the gp over, i locked my other acc as it was being used for some not very good things by a friend.

Flames377

Mister Kyle

Hey Narita, glad you're back around here mate :)

Good luck on 99 slayer again!

Jaxjoo

added farm slay and range levels from last night.

Al

"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Jaxjoo

added a few drops and levels
75,6 slay, 1400 total, 76 atk, 76 def, maul, dmed and zammy kite.

Mojo

Good luck sir, progress looking good :D
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Patty

Nice :)! Good luck keeping motivated, hardest part with slayer.