• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Recent Achievements

Started by Al, June 21, 2011, 01:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

So yesterday, I got really pissed because I'm poor, and in debt O_O. I owed 1m to Bgp, 3m to a friend, and 200k to another friend. I paid Bgp and the 200k the day before yesterday, but I still owe 3m. I started out with around 900k before my first stake, gp I got from piling hides and bones at blue drags. I hadn't staked or went to the Duel Arena in say...two or three years, so messy staking ensued. I forgot how to duel, so I deposited my inventory and equipment and said F it. My first stake I boxed WITH prayer, but I forgot the newly-released prayers. I was like, what is Turmoil? Then I got really screwed over, dropped staking, and decided it wasn't a good way to make money. Nonetheless, somehow I managed to profit.

Story:

Today was another day I attempted to make "fast money." I stayed up all night trying to find items to flip, and scoured sites for moneymaking methods. Well, I was inspired by Taibz to merchant, since we both made a good 2M+ flipping an item. After that failed, the sun came up, and I went back to SoS to throw knives at the giant spiders. Some time passes, and while chatting old friend's cc, I met some random guy. We became fast friends. I told him that night I failed a Forinthry Dungeon trip. Btw, bumped into Kriese there L. Somehow I skulled (was 3 iteming to test the waters), and a guy that I was talking to there killed me. So that was a failure.

I went back to SoS and I started talking to the guy I met on the clan chat. I told him I staked a little, and I was desperate for gp to pay my debt, pay for WG gear, pay for knives, chinchompas, ranging pots, and bunyip pouches. He gave me a few tips and I staked back and forth, this time not falling for stupid scams and rules. I kept on beating this guy that repeatedly kept staking 50k per match ##. Fights happen, I lose some, win some, but I come up short. 100k down. I got frustrated, so I went back to the bank chest, took out my cash pile and find one of those high staking people. I found one guy named Hugs and I staked 1m with him. AND I WON!

So I'm shit happy. And I go back sprinting to the GE, then back to the SoS to throw more knives at the spiders, knowing not to stake anymore, because I came off with a big win :). I talked to this guy I met in the clan chat more, thanking him, because he cheered me on and gave me GL's before almost every match. All of a sudden, he keeps begging me to DDS him. So reluctantly, I go, and I told him I didn't have that much money to spare. I finally meet him face-to-face in W27, an hour before the Reckoning house event at Lordy's. To my shock, he says, stake 1M. I went there thinking this was something friendly he wanted to try, going in there thinking I was gonna stake around 100k and get it over with. I was max combat, but he was 98 hp and 94 def. I asked the WG clanmates if I should proceed, but I got mixed responses. I came up on some "risk it to get the biscuit" crap and staked 1m. I had 2.2m even. Suddenly, he disappears, and I got feelings he was trying to scam me. On the first window, he said he wanted to use shield, which gave the thought he was trying to use claws, because I remembered you wear dragon claws on both hands. I ask the wg chat again, and of course they started discouraging me. BPN pops in and says do it, so my *risk-to-get-biscuit* instinct triggered. So I had to make sure I fully trusted him, and make sure there isn't a catch in the back to scam me. We both traded and made sure only one DDS was in our inventory. Not knowing, he picks up a whip off the floor before the final stake window. And at the staking window, he negates to NO SPECIALS, which I didn't see, and that totally effed me up. I couldn't use my DDS specs, and he switches to whip, owns me, and takes my 1 million gp.

He then runs off but I didn't give up. I followed him, and start begging him. Stupid of me, to trust a guy that I just met. I begged him for about 30-40 minutes, telling him he can forget all about this and just hand back the 1m. Basically, I kept trying to persuade him that that 1m was hard earned, and him taking in that dishonest way was unfair. I think I finally injected the idea in him, and he gave it back, claiming after that he was joking all along. Of course.

The End, kay thanks #

"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

PineappleTom

Lol, getting mad and heading to Duel Arena is not normally a good idea... But I guess it paid off. Congrats mate :D

If it's money you need, I would recommend PVM, and not just bosses. Even dragons and collecting bones/hides is helpful. Then head DKs, its good money and little start-up costs. When ready, head to bandos with 4 other good friends and you can camp that on very welf gear easily (as long as no crashers).

Don't forget, Kingdom, free pineapples, cheap battlestaves, Borg etc to also help along the way.

Robertwb69

Congrats on the win but I wouldn't be staking money if I owed someone else money.

Jayson

Staking isn't the way to get out of debt ;)

But is great when you win.

-1 me because you know I'm right

7th Highest Overall for Wars Attended.

Wayshow

I recommend that u don't do it again ._.
Listen to the pro people (Tom lol) and make money the slightly slower but more reliable way
Gratz anyway

James

Congratz mate :) <3 Try not to do it again we have all done it and lost everything

Creeper975

Mark

Dont ever go staking again, im always here if you need some advice #. But im with Tom, DKS is the best once you get some decent stats, and with you training your range like a boss, your well on your way.

Keep at it!

I set the standard.

DestroyerDmc

One thing you learn about RS you cant trust pixels. Only stake with a long-term friend if you don't want to get scammed, im not saying don't stake at al because it can be fun but just watch who you do it with and what rules you use.

Pyroclastic0

If you don't make mistakes you can't learn from them, you got lucky that he did give the money back.
Go range some green dragons for a bit and make some more money to start flipping with.

Al

Must be the rust...over 2 years off the game :P.

I forgot to tell you guys the best part...right after all this, his "friend" invited him to join a "fun war" at clan wars, and he went in the watch portal. Once he got in (as he's telling me), he apparently got glitched in the war and died. He lost 70M worth of items. In that period of begging he was taunting me saying he never staked 1m, showing off his bank. He even got to the second window of trade accepting. Had I clicked accept on time I would have gotten all that for free.

Karma?
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

DestroyerDmc

Karmas a bitch and she'l hunt you down!

Raging Mage2

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

James

Armybuilder

Sounds like the fun war had dangerous on. LOL

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013

Al

SO I LOGGED ON TODAY WIF LAIK, 33,356 GP. AND BPN SAYS HE WAS GIVING AWAY MONEY AT GE. SO OF COURSE I SAYS, "DO YOU HAVE ANY TO SPARE?" THEN HE SAYS, GTF OVER HERE. SO I GOT TFO THERE AND HE GIVES ME 11.5M. FREE.

Suggestions on what do with it? I still need to pay the 3M debt but I wana merch that much in profit first. Or at least 2m, so I can stay on the green M mark on my cash :). Tips?

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Shinhwa