• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

News:

HELLO DOES THIS ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING

Main Menu

Call Of Duty: Ghosts

Started by BeeBee, January 05, 2014, 03:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeBee

So the other day I decided I wanted to get back into FPS'. Thought CoD was the main option.

Obviously this is where the scene is at but is the game as bad as some make it out to be, or is it the typical "new cod = bad" like every other one?
Just wondering because I plan on buying it if it isn't too bad.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Randy

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

BeeBee

I've heard it's worth getting on Next Gen consoles or PC. I still 360boxX.

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

This Babylon

If you want to buy a game to play competitively on xbox its got to be blops 2.  Ghosts just isnt balanced enough yet for online play. add me if you want to play

LE Azrael VII

Toby

I'd go for bf4.

Miss CoD WaW, the best game they ever made
My reaction when I look in the refrigerator but can't find anything I want to eat

BeeBee

Quote from: This Babylon on January 05, 2014, 09:21:13 PM
If you want to buy a game to play competitively on xbox its got to be blops 2.  Ghosts just isnt balanced enough yet for online play. add me if you want to play

LE Azrael VII

My only worry is that it seems blops 2 ladders aren't near as,popular now. C/D?

This Babylon

Quote from: Panda|Vulcan on January 06, 2014, 01:07:32 AM
Quote from: This Babylon on January 05, 2014, 09:21:13 PM

LE Azrael VII

My only worry is that it seems blops 2 ladders aren't near as,popular now. C/D?
The ladders arent horribly gone, so theres still a bit in it to have fun.

yingyang06

Quote from: Panda|Vulcan on January 05, 2014, 03:27:55 PM
So the other day I decided I wanted to get back into Competitive CoD after not playing competitivly since WaW and B op 1.

Obviously this is where the scene is at but is the game as bad as some make it out to be, or is it the typical "new cod = bad" like every other one?
Just wondering because I plan on buying it if it isn't too bad.

It's alot better on Next Gen consoles, thats a given, but if you are in a clan on CoD: Ghosts, the competiveness becomes alot more important (I'm currently in Platinum League)
Lady Yingyang06
93/99 Prayer

Taibz

Panda, are you actually good enough to go pro? I've always thought you were shit at everything, just like taking D-mace specs to the face.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

BeeBee

Quote from: Taibz on January 07, 2014, 09:23:30 PM
Panda, are you actually good enough to go pro? I've always thought you were shit at everything, just like taking D-mace specs to the face.
Go fuck yourself.

I C E M A IN x

You wont get far in competitive if you rage quit pub matches mate.

BeeBee

Quote from: I C E M A IN x on January 08, 2014, 12:43:14 AM
You wont get far in competitive if you rage quit pub matches mate.
RIP :(

It's definitely a different style of game to previous titles...well in pubs.
When I heard the maps were big, I didn't think that big!
Still working it all out.

Think I'll probably give BF4 a go after my exams. Loved Bad Co. 2.

Al

Is it only for the new gen consoles? I still have my 360 like Panda, and one reason why I'm putting off getting the One or PS4 is because not that many games are out for it yet.

How is the game, for anyone that has it?
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

This Babylon

Quote from: Al on January 08, 2014, 06:42:14 AM
Is it only for the new gen consoles? I still have my 360 like Panda, and one reason why I'm putting off getting the One or PS4 is because not that many games are out for it yet.

How is the game, for anyone that has it?
ghosts is decent yet not balanced at all yet.

Dieyou2000

Don't like ghosts.  Mostly I just find a fair number of the maps to be awful.

Typically you have 3 main lanes of traffic with a few cross cuts in between in general.

Half of the maps in ghosts are like they just let a toddler scribble some lines on a piece of paper and then made maps based off it.

That and riot shields now have radars attached to them (as if they weren't annoying enough already).  Being Infinity Ward, they of course made amplify give you the ability to hear opponents clear across the map so using dead silence is a necessity.

TL;DR  I'll be playing League Play/S&D on blops2.

Armybuilder

From what ive seen. The multiplayer maps are too small or too big. Spawns are retarded only map ive liked is one that look like its in scotland with a castle.. but you cant go in the castle.

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013

This Babylon

Quote from: Armybuilder on January 12, 2014, 04:51:27 PM
From what ive seen. The multiplayer maps are too small or too big. Spawns are retarded only map ive liked is one that look like its in scotland with a castle.. but you cant go in the castle.
yes you can lol.

Al

Why didn't they just let like 10k players beta test it and give suggestions...overlooked?
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Kyle

I bought it, played it for a month and went back to BF4, I really hate CoD now.. It just feels really weird and I hate all the spawn issues and stuff. Despite BF4's problems (freezing, etc) I'd still place it over CoD Ghosts! :P

Mister Kyle

This Babylon

Quote from: Kyle on January 17, 2014, 01:57:25 PM
I bought it, played it for a month and went back to BF4, I really hate CoD now.. It just feels really weird and I hate all the spawn issues and stuff. Despite BF4's problems (freezing, etc) I'd still place it over CoD Ghosts! :P
That isnt what he asked though, he asked about ghosts not battlefield :P
also  panda, my kd is about a 1.0 on ghosts and i average about a 2 to 3 kd per game on blops.