• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Creating Guides [Accepting Suggestions] [Poll]

Started by Dr Xion, January 12, 2014, 03:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should be the next guide be about?

Glacors
1 (16.7%)
Frost Dragons
0 (0%)
Player-Owned Ports
2 (33.3%)
Beginner Guide to EOC(Evolution of Combat)
3 (50%)
Somekind of Moneymaking guide for Skilling?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Dr Xion

After finishing my first guide I thought it would be nice to make even more guides, but I rather not make guides on worthless things that people don't do.

So this will be a suggestion board on what should I make guides on, this will be for SG/EOC because my 07 accounts a noob. I wish for everyone to suggest as many ideas as possible since I will need many suggestions because I will release a poll but I need to find 5 good suggestions, the best idea voted on will become a guide eventually and the rest will be recycled and a new idea will be added to the poll after the guide is finished.

You may now suggest!

Al

-A quick guide on how to start and train Divination might be good for old veterans just wanting to check out the game now. Shouldn't be too hard of a guide.

-Mining, fastest way to Living Rock Caverns and then LRC to 99?

-Frost Dragons guide, how to make money from them. Gear, inventory, prayers, etc.

That's all I have for now, will suggest more later.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Patty

Dr Xion

Quote from: Al on January 12, 2014, 03:33:08 AM
-A quick guide on how to start and train Divination might be good for old veterans just wanting to check out the game now. Shouldn't be too hard of a guide.

-Mining, fastest way to Living Rock Caverns and then LRC to 99?

-Frost Dragons guide, how to make money from them. Gear, inventory, prayers, etc.

That's all I have for now, will suggest more later.

I love the all those ideas and I will think about them as soon as more people suggest!

Quote from: Patty on January 12, 2014, 03:36:49 AM
Warbands?

Just... Yes.

The_Poet

A money making guide methods skilling always interest me? (I'm not a fan of PVM to make cash)

Al

Maybe a guide on Glacors. Basim might be able to help you with that.

A guide on Dailies/Free XP? Battlestaves, Ports (not a guide in a guide, can just mention it), Jack of Trades, Tears of Guthix, Troll Invasion, God Statues...yeah there might be more. I can try to help you with this one.

A guide on Ports, definitely. Current 07 players could ALL learn how to do (or at least start off!) Ports, especially because it doesn't even require them to play RS3.

Farming runs, trees, fruit trees, calquats. For anyone that wants to train an easy skill over time and pick up something new to do in RS. I can help you with this one too, I was actually in the middle of making this one before.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Wayshow

Patty

A beginner's guide to EoC would be helpful for people who think it's just button mashing. Say if we do any RS3 warring in future etc, just an idea.

Al

Quote from: Patty on January 12, 2014, 08:10:27 PM
A beginner's guide to EoC would be helpful for people who think it's just button mashing. Say if we do any RS3 warring in future etc, just an idea.

Basic action bar uses and setups for each different types of weapons, ideal order of abilities?

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Patty

Quote from: Al on January 12, 2014, 09:11:47 PM
Quote from: Patty on January 12, 2014, 08:10:27 PM

Basic action bar uses and setups for each different types of weapons, ideal order of abilities?
Yeah all that kind of stuff.

Dr Xion

I've taken all of your suggestions into mind so I will be releasing a poll soon.

The poll is now up!

Patty

Voted for glacors because I've never been and want to try them :p

Al

Voted beginner's guide to EoC just because I know tons of people from 07 aren't good with the action bar and interfaces. It will be the most useful overall.

Next in order would be Ports, Glacors, Frosts, Moneymaking Through Skilling.

I think the Glacors and Frost guides would be really easy tbh, better to focus on the big fish.

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Dr Xion

Quote from: Al on January 14, 2014, 08:46:45 AM
Voted beginner's guide to EoC just because I know tons of people from 07 aren't good with the action bar and interfaces. It will be the most useful overall.

Next in order would be Ports, Glacors, Frosts, Moneymaking Through Skilling.

I think the Glacors and Frost guides would be really easy tbh, better to focus on the big fish.

Oh the EOC Guide would be strictly EOC things like abilites silly :p. I could make a seperate NIS(New Interface System) guide after maybe?