• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Kingdom Come. If RS dies we're moving to this game.

Started by Randy, January 22, 2014, 07:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Mister Kyle

Randy

This game could possibly encompass everything WG strived for in RS.

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Mister Kyle

Dibs on Historian rank

wait there's no multiplayer

Randy

Quote from: Mister Kyle on January 22, 2014, 07:57:44 PM
Dibs on Historian rank

wait there's no multiplayer
The game is faaaaaaaaaaaar from release. I heard 2016. Too early to say.

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Sean

Impressive. Doubt it'd run on my shitty laptop though, GW2 barely runs on it at medium settings. :(

~ Former Elite of The Sabre Clan :: RuneFest 2010 & 2011 Attendee ~
~ Original Descendant Guardian :: Ex-Wilderness Guardian (2005-2006) ~

Tayzon_Day

Colinwarrior

Looks pretty neat. Kind of irrelevant if it's single-player. But as you said, it's still in early stages of development.

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

Randy

Quote from: Colinwarrior on January 22, 2014, 11:33:45 PM
Looks pretty neat. Kind of irrelevant if it's single-player. But as you said, it's still in early stages of development.
It seems like a complete wasted opportunity to a potentially perfect multiplayer game.
30v30 castle sieges? Horseback combat?
If this game doesn't have multi maybe it will be successful enough to spark other developers' interest in this sort of thing.

PLZ WARHORSE PLS

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Colinwarrior

Quote from: Randy on January 22, 2014, 11:45:08 PM
It seems like a complete wasted opportunity to a potentially perfect multiplayer game.
If this game doesn't have multi maybe it will be successful enough to spark other developers' interest in this sort of thing.

PLZ WARHORSE PLS

Yeah we can only hope. Although I don't know why this developer wouldn't implement MP technology to this game. It's like...the perfect game for it.
Maybe they lack the personnel to develop and maintain it? Lack the funding? Don't have the servers to run it on?

Currently busy with:

Mister Kyle

I'd say personnel and funding. However it seems like it's getting a strong backing, and I'm sure after a year or so they'll actually consider it.

Sean

PLZ WARHORSE PLS
If you want large castle sieges with hundreds of players, you can get that now to an extent in Guild Wars 2. Even more so in Elder Scrolls Online, when it's released in April.

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Randy

Quote from: Colinwarrior on January 23, 2014, 03:07:59 AM

PLZ WARHORSE PLS

Yeah we can only hope. Although I don't know why this developer wouldn't implement MP technology to this game. It's like...the perfect game for it.
Maybe they lack the personnel to develop and maintain it? Lack the funding? Don't have the servers to run it on?
I played GW2 for a month. Was boring. They hyped it up as no grind but the game was 100% grind. Story was super uninteresting as well.

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Sean

Quote from: Randy on January 23, 2014, 08:32:45 PM

PLZ WARHORSE PLS

I played GW2 for a month. Was boring. They hyped it up as no grind but the game was 100% grind. Story was super uninteresting as well.
There's very little grind if you play dungeons at the appropriate levels (i.e. Ascalonian Catacombs the second you hit 30/35), although admittedly that's hard with elitist speed runners everywhere demanding gear checks. It is indeed very grindy if you do the hearts, but if you explore and just do random events, it's actually pretty decent. Takes 3-4 days of moderate play to max out at level 80. The big issue imo with GW2 is a complete lack of PvE endgame - unless you just want to run Fractals over and over. And the guild support is pretty shocking, still no guild halls, still no way for guild vs guild PvP. :/

I agree though, the personal story was quite lacklustre.

(I've not played GW2 in months btw, due to the aforementioned lack of endgame)

Mojo

Quote from: Sean on January 23, 2014, 09:35:42 PM

PLZ WARHORSE PLS

There's very little grind if you play dungeons at the appropriate levels (i.e. Ascalonian Catacombs the second you hit 30/35), although admittedly that's hard with elitist speed runners everywhere demanding gear checks. It is indeed very grindy if you do the hearts, but if you explore and just do random events, it's actually pretty decent. Takes 3-4 days of moderate play to max out at level 80. The big issue imo with GW2 is a complete lack of PvE endgame - unless you just want to run Fractals over and over. And the guild support is pretty shocking, still no guild halls, still no way for guild vs guild PvP. :/

I played GW2 for a week or two and only got to lvl 15, went on it yesterday and they gave me lvl 20 for free because I'd been registered for one year lol.
So IDK how ppl level to 80 in 4 days lol!
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Sean

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on January 23, 2014, 09:39:13 PM

PLZ WARHORSE PLS

I played GW2 for a week or two and only got to lvl 15, went on it yesterday and they gave me lvl 20 for free because I'd been registered for one year lol.
Wat, I got to level 15 in about 12 hours during one of the beta weekends... I guess it's just different play styles. :P

Mojo

Quote from: Sean on January 23, 2014, 09:43:40 PM

PLZ WARHORSE PLS

Wat, I got to level 15 in about 12 hours during one of the beta weekends... I guess it's just different play styles. :P
ye I haven't rly played anythin like gw2 before.
I was just following the storyline quest thing and completing all the area things.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Al

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on January 23, 2014, 09:46:57 PM

PLZ WARHORSE PLS

I was just following the storyline quest thing and completing all the area things.

Have never played GW2 before.
Just continuing the quote tower.

:stoke:
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Mojo

Quote from: Al on January 23, 2014, 09:59:13 PM
Quote from: Mojohaza1 on January 23, 2014, 09:46:57 PM

PLZ WARHORSE PLS

Have never played GW2 before.
Just continuing the quote tower.

:stoke:
stfu albert
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Taibz

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Mojo

that was fast it I swear it was £50k away or something a few hours ago
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Colinwarrior

The saving grace of GW2 is WvW or World vs. World. Massive server against server pvp. It's awesome and you get some pretty epic fights. Probably the best pvp I've played in any game. But yeah, most of the game is just grind and not that interesting.

Currently busy with: