• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Notable Old School Clans

Started by Al, March 05, 2014, 09:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Go. Just name and list off any, whether they're dead or not, and maybe a little background on each. Let's just say clans that were around since before wildy was removed? (10 Dec 2007)

Were all old school clans PKing based?
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

geoff_7th

EH
Corr
Tnc/Sok
TF
Di/DF
DS
CL
AA
NbK
BK
FP
Gladz
Titans
Jag
VR
CD
RSD
Meh

Randy

RuneScape Spartans with Sheila(Msteatime) in 2005 NEVER FORGET

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Mojo

calling them Old School Clans is confusing lol.

tunescape!
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Wizard

Mack

Higher Force was an amazing clan and experience to be in. Below I'll post the clans history  :D.

"Ok this is a post about the history of HF, and how the leaders all met up and created this clan.
I'm going to need to update this later once I get information from both Cheaky and K0 Pker.

-The Start-
Ok it was sometime in 2004 when I converted to Runescape 2 from RSC, I was playing quite regularly because in RSC I was 99 strength, but in RS2 I was 96 strength.

At this time my stats were 48 Attack, 48 Defense and 96 Strength, with 34 prayer.
It wasn't long before I got 50Attack and was planning on final stats of 50, 50, 99.

So I started to train at a few locations in F2P. My favourite spots were red spiders, guards and occasionally lesser demons.
Bare in mind pures were still a new thing here and had only just been started up again, so I my strength was huge for my level and I was 1 of a kind at this point.

-Meeting With the other Leaders-
I think it was late 2004 and I was training heavily on lesser demons and was almost 97 strength, I had left my Private messages on because I was now unknown here (RS2) and I got a few noobs randomly pm me... but one had struck me, it was by Cheaky Devil.
I used to be a regular at Tip.it forums and saw a post by Samotboy (of the early Mayhem Makers) identifying the strongest pures in RS (if it hadn't been for this we would have never met). Both Cheaky and I were included in this post and that is why I didn't just ignore him when he pmed me.
Samotboy had run a script enabling him to find the strongest players who were pure in the highscores, for Hp I was ranked just above Cheaky so his was the first name I saw when looking at this post. There were quite a few other pures on it such as 'Murder0ne' and others which I can't remember. Aswell as the 1 defense pures who were making up the reformed MM (that let in only low defense pures).

So he pmed me asking me to add him because we were unique (at the time), so I added him and we became friends.
I used to PK with him quite a lot and wed always talked about making a clan of our own to bring Rune pures in to RS2 but we never actually did and for a while we were one of a small select group of Rune pures.

Time passed and I used to visit the Mayhem Makers chat 'Pure-Chat' via SS quite often, at first I wasn't even known but as I became known and knew some of the mods in this chat so I got a mod position myself.
One day I got talking to 'P K Machine0' I found out that he was a pure-turned rune, and I asked him to add me on MSN.
I waited till they were both on and introduced them to eachover, and we started talking about making a clan specifically for Rune pures.
So we all agreed to make this clan and be 2 Leaders and a Co-Leader (P K would be the Co-Leader because it was originally mine and Cheakys idea).

P K Machine0 had good knowledge of Invisionfree and at the time was the only one who could use it, so I told him what I wanted the site to look like, and he made a few attempts at creating the oldest version of these forums.

-Creating Higher Force-
Next we needed a name for this clan, and we had no idea what to call it... So I got thinking and I thought 'Higher Force' was suitable because of our obvious advantage to pures and regular players alike it meant that we were a Higher Force than what was currently known.

So we were not happy with the way the forums looked and only had about 5 members at this time.
P K got someone to design the forums for us (Sk8 Portugal), and the forums were made.

We started up our clan looking for pures to convert to our cause and exisiting rune pkers that might have come from RSC, and started to function as a clan, having small trips now and then.

We had gained a few members by this time, and there were probably around 10 in total in this clan.

Some of the names I remember from the clan in this period are:
Me
Cheaky Devil
P K Machine0
Il L4tw1s Il
I Damaged I
X Own Me X
Armalyte
Afghanrebel
+ more that I can't remember..

The video for our first 'trip' can still be seen on my putfile site and I think its still hosted here on HF somewhere, it wasn't really a PK vid but maybe a test to see if we could work together succesfully.
The video is titled 'Clan PK vid 1' for those interested in seeing how small we were.

-Higher Force growing and becoming more well known-
Well it had been a while now and we were in early 2005, after numerous PK trips and Fun events Higher Force was growing fast.
We were now a 30+ strong clan and continuously growing and everything was going well.

P K Machine0 stopped playing that account so much and chose to use his pure K0 Pker until after some disagreements he eventually quit.
It wasn't for a long time that we had a Co-Leader again and when we did after a while a similar thing happened and HF was almost finished.

We elected Dghhj as the new Co-leader because he was a friend of Cheaky Devil's and did a pretty good job at it.
For some reason he lost it with some of the members in the clan and deleted a lot of the members and sub forums, this was a major event in HF and took quite a long time to repair the damage. - That is all in the past though and no more needs to be said.

So we continued to grow and develop the clan, and we had some very good or well known members join such as:
Sir Korgan
8 Stealth 8
Son of Strength + others..

and the time had come where HF needed more than just two leaders and a Co Leader to run it.
So we gave some of our most loyal members the chance to become High Coucil.
C H I Z E M, Shoulen Monk, 2124, Boxen Da Gr8, Stav341, Puscy Pker (Who tryed to split off from HF and make his own clan, I'm not sure whether it succeded though), and Pureranger Y (who also joined Puscy). - All this happened around Christmas Time 05.

-Higher Force Today-
With over 80 members, 3 War wins and 0 losses Higher Force today is a very strong clan indeed.

I think 2124 deserves a mention here: Just before his leave 2124 played a critical role in keeping the clan active and alive and almost single-handedly run it himself with me and Cheaky helping out occasionally (but unable to run it as we used to due to RL priorities such as college).
But he had the High Council by his side to help him make some of the important decisions for the clan.
2124 had the role of Head Council in the clan and made most of the decisions (and were good ones) until he decided to leave the clan and become an ally to pursue his own stat goals.
His loss will be missed.

The HC at the time of writing are:
Shoulen Monk
Boxen Da Gr8
Son of Str
II Karils II
Fear o f God
Armalyte

Although we have disagreements occasionally most people mean well and the clan has a very positive future ahead of it.

-Edit-
2124 decided to come back to Runescape and HF and was offered the position of the Co-leader of HF from his current position of Head Council, he accepted and is now one of the 3 leaders in HF.

Son of Str was offered his old role of Head Council and accepted... we are now currently looking for more HC to help run the ever expanding HF clan.

The Higher Force forums board was created on: Oct 9 2005, 10:01 PM
- a lot has happened in such a small space of time.

Thanks Sam for some help when writing this and reminding me of some of the events.

-Edit-
From 20/09/06
HF suffered the loss of many high ranked HF members quitting.
These included..

-Sh0ulen Monk - HC
-2124 - Co Leader
-Boxen Da Gr8 - HC
-Son Of Str - Head Council.. was supposed to be the new Co-Leader

Fir3Fury - Was promoted to the rank of HC at this time.

As of current, new HC have been added and II Karils II, who has been in the clan for the least time for getting a high rank is now the Co-Leader of HF, so grats.

Hutch who returned to HF from a brief retirement is now HC.
8 Stealth 8 who is an old school member is also now a HC, and probably deserved it for the trips he has led in HF.

Other places are still to be decided.

-Edit-
From 9/12/06
HF is now back on course and it's activity is once again rising.

The HF high council has changed alot, the new council and leaders stands as this:

Leaders:
- Omegakairi
- Cheaky Devil
- II Karils II

Co leader:
- Armalyte

High Council:
- Fear O F God (head council)
- Fir3fury
- Ranger Ramb0
- Fab Biccy
- I Woolf I

Few Higher Force Elders were given administration over hf site, this was declared as the rank "Elder Mod" this was first made and given to Hutchins. Later on Hf Boxen and I ftw were given this rank."

Josheh

Member since 8-8-8

Vio

Unknown Bounty Hunters.

we ran that shit.

Mack

Quote from: Josheh on March 06, 2014, 02:09:35 AM
wat ^

What do you mean wat :p... I love clans and history behind them. Sorry if I went a little over board xD

Al

That's actually some useful information of your old clan, because now at least it exists somewhere. Not a lot of those old clans can even say that.

I have a really good one to add that I often forget. Knights of Order...it was the first off-site/established clan I ever tried to join. I was really young and didn't lie about my age, so you can expect how that played out.

Thanks and keep it going if there's anymore guys. :) I'm trying to make it into a list.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Chilli

Thanks babylon

-Ex The Sabre Clan 2004-2013
-Event team
-Warlord
-Leader

Mister Kyle

Patty

Brent147

Oh lord, don't get me started. :o
Proud to have served as the leader of the Wilderness Guardians.

Kung_Man149

Menacing Warriors, The Crusade, Phoenix Elite, Raining Chaos, Rivalry Damage, Sleeping Dragons, Eternal Honor...etc
Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Good God, let me give you my life

Taken❒ Single❒ Mad✔
-----------------------------------------
[spoiler]
Former leader of - Rivalry Damage

Former member of - Menacing Warriors

Former member of - Silent Strike

Former member of - Valiant

Former Elite Guardian of - Wilderness Guardians

Former Advisor of - Descendant Guardians

Former member of - The Gladiatorz

Former member of - Wilderness Guardians

Retired at - Poison.[/spoiler]
Here he kneels, the one who doesn't need to, for those who do need to.
---------------------------------
Bold, handsome and straight up awesome.

Colinwarrior

Here are some major clans throughout RS history that were large, powerful, influential or some combination of the 3.

1. Damage Incorporated
2. Dark Slayers
3. Zeonic Force
4. Echo of Silence
5. Divine Forces
6. Corruption
7. Runescape Dinasty
8. Sacred Templars
9. Eternal Honour
10. The Titans
11. The Runescape Warhungers Federation
12. Exercitum Militus of Honorum
13. Violent Resolution
14. Reign of Terror
15. Wilderness Guardians
16. Chivalry Legions (Australian)
17. Lithuanian Forces (Lithuanian)
18. Red Devil Clan (Dutch)
19. NME
20. 'The' clan
21. 'The' Futures
22. Blacknights
23. The Sabres
24. Demonic Empire
25. The Gladiatorz
26. The Mighty Red Dragons
27. Fear
28. Phobia
29. The Jaguars
30. Rune Raiders
31. Adelais
32. Anarchy
33. Noobs Incorporated
34. Wilderland (Brazilian)
35. Mystic Knights
36. Collision
37. Future of Old School (Finnish)
38. Dragonwood
39. Triforce
40. Knights of Order
41. Runescape Hungarian Knights (Hungarian)
42. Valor
43. Shadow Elves
44. Deathrow
45. The Dynasty
46. Dead on Arrival
47. The Rising
48. Followers of Malkov
49. The Moriquendi
50. Black Dragons
51. Crimson Raiders
52. Exodus
53. 3xtermination
54. Solar Angels
55. Australian Army (Australian)
56. Tunescape
57. The Death Monkeighs
58. The Moon Clan (Latin)
59. The British Elites (British)
60. The British Crusaders (British)
61. Solace
62. Red Dragon Knights
63. Brutality
64. 3v0lution X
65. The Stricken Cards
66. Runescape Elites
67. Dutch Generation (Dutch)
68. Golden Sun
69. Clan Afro
70. No Honor
71. Synergy
72. Divine Kings
73. End of Tradition
74. Masters of Dragons

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

Reece

Colin nailed it on the head, didn't think anyone would get ZF to be honest, same with Fools.
Flame Reece - Most Likely to be WG in 2020 - Winter Fun Awards 2013
2ez

Al

Thanks for all your submissions guys, when I get more time I'll try to put this together. Might have something cool in the works. ^^

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Wizard

I've been in more than half that clan list colin :)

Mojo

Quote from: Wizard on March 18, 2014, 09:45:59 PM
if you've been in ~37 clans then your list of past clans can rival the list on Brent's blog :>
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Keith

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on March 18, 2014, 10:09:18 PM
Quote from: Wizard on March 18, 2014, 09:45:59 PM
if you've been in ~37 clans then your list of past clans can rival the list on Brent's blog :>

i've been in like 2 goml

Chilli

threads like a year old, shouldn't really bump old topics man

Thanks babylon

-Ex The Sabre Clan 2004-2013
-Event team
-Warlord
-Leader