Jump to navigation Jump to search
When we launch the wiki, add navigation sections to make it easier to find things.
- list of game modes
- list of years
- list of ranks
- Forum Eras
- Special:AllPages and Special:Random
- A list of source material, most of it is pinned in the wiki discussion channel
- A forum topic where people can contribute material, as the wiki will be locked for editing to prevent dutch people from defacing it
Formatting, Grammar and Syntax
This is a temporary guide for writing pages on the Wiki in order to maintain consistency in its early stages.
- Clans, teams and other organisations are singular ("The Wilderness Guardians is", not "The Wilderness Guardians are", unless specifically reffering to the members of the clan).
- Use the Oxford Comma (One, two, and three).
- Use full dates written as 6 December 2003 wherever possible. Do not use "st/nd/rd/th", and avoid shortening the month unless space is limited.
- The year can be omitted in article text proper, written as 6 December.
- Only initialise WG in fight titles, e.g. WG vs Dead on Arrival. Exceptions can be made for fights better known by a different title such as X vs DS.
- Do not use "The" in an article name unless inseparable, e.g. "The Sabres".
- Use punctuation in article names, e.g. Washington, D.C. 2009 – 2010 (Real Life Meeting), not Washington DC 2009 – 2010 (Real Life Meeting).
- Use singular titles, e.g. T-Shirt and Anniversary instead of T-Shirts and Anniversaries.
- End all list items with a period/full stop.
- Use British English.
- Use while and among, not whilst and amongst.
- Repeating internal links should be used once per level 2.
- Italicise works such as videos e.g. The Wilderness – An Unauthorised Biography.
- Use an en dash without spaces between single-unit numbers and terms, e.g. 2003–2019.
- Use an en dash with spaces between multi-unit numbers and terms, e.g. December 2003 – July 2019.
- Use one, two, three... nine in article text proper rather than 1, 2, 3... 9 (unless in exceptional circumstances).
- Use "coins", e.g. 10,000,000 coins. Do not use "GP", "K" or "M".
- See also: Wikipedia:Styletips.