• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Lawful Name Change

Started by Vio, March 19, 2013, 12:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Quote from: Owen on March 21, 2013, 12:50:38 PM
Shocking revelation:

My name is actually short for Orange, but my mother has a speech impediment that means she pronounces R as W, but her favourite colour is orange, so Oran became Owen.

</sarcasm>

Brb changing my name to Purp of the Family Derp.

omg lmfao

Quote from: His Lordship on March 21, 2013, 01:29:51 PM
I am Indi of the family Go.
Together, the three of us can unite to create a new clan.

lmfao :P
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Randy

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Dorcha3377

V is for virgin of course <3

Vio

Quote from: His Lordship on March 21, 2013, 12:35:36 PM
Tyrian is better, and similar to Tyrion of the Lannisters, one of the best characters by far in GoT.

Yeah, but the bit about "kings, nobles, priests and magistrates" doesn't work out so well for a Libertarian.
True, half the reason I watch GoT is for that character, but I wouldn't consider him part of my identity.
As soon as I thought of "Vio", I knew it fit me perfectly, and I don't regret the change at all.

All my friends, college classmates, even my teachers all approve, and are now calling me Vio.
How is it the one group of people who I don't have the support of is WG?

His Lordship

Because IRL, you've surrounded yourself with a group of people who have social inadequacies, because those are the people you are comfortable with.
Think of that girl we know, and her friends, and your friends, and you.
Here in WG, most of us have good emotional and intellectual maturity, and we can spot a socially degrading act when we see one.
Your problem is that you don't trust us enough to end this folly.

X Warrior170

[center

Colinwarrior

Quote from: His Lordship on March 25, 2013, 09:35:05 PM
Because IRL, you've surrounded yourself with a group of people who have social inadequacies, because those are the people you are comfortable with.
Here in WG, most of us have good emotional and intellectual maturity, and we can spot a socially degrading act when we see one.

Shit just got real.

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

Toby

Is this for real or is it total bullshit?
My reaction when I look in the refrigerator but can't find anything I want to eat

SquelchyFish

Keanu why don't you just get it legally done too to stop all the dramas
Aren't your parents rustled?

Rachellove9

Quote from: Colinwarrior on March 25, 2013, 09:50:46 PM

Shit just got real.

I read it thinking the exact same thing.
I don't want this to be a pitfall in your successes that you have had.
It seems like a slide back to me into some place that makes you more comfortable with who you think you are.

Wayshow

So...V-Diddy or V-Dawg :herp:

Elyxiatic

Man speaks truth.

Vio

As good as your advice is, I'm choosing to disregard all of it.
Vio is the biggest choice I've made in my life so far, and I have never been more confident.
Thank you all, but I absolutely will not be moved on this one.

Randy

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Owen

Geee...zuss...

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

His Lordship

Quote from: Vio on March 26, 2013, 03:59:31 PM
As good as your advice is, I'm choosing to disregard all of it.
Vio is the biggest choice I've made in my life so far, and I have never been more confident.
Thank you all, but I absolutely will not be moved on this one.

Well, none of us know you as well as you know yourself, but we DO know public perception of you.
I hope you're making this decision with the realisation that the WG community is going to reflect the greater community.