• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

News:

HELLO DOES THIS ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING

Main Menu

Brexit

Started by Mojo, June 21, 2016, 03:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

The leading media organisation in the UK, BBC, has just called the referendum for Leave.

The chaos begins.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

D om

They got it completely wrong... I'm gutted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthony

I think it'll be a good thing. There was a time we weren't in the EU and we did fine.

This way we have more control over our own laws and how we handle immigration. Not that immigration is a bad thing but we should be doing with Australia do, only allow people in which will benefit the economy, not just leach off our benefit system.

We wont be dragged into other countries going bankrupt and have to bail them out. I could do this all day but I have 10k cannonballs to make :)

Lait_Choco

Well, according to your good old British chap Nigel, you now have that 350m £ a week to spend on NHS. ;)

Q: Kimi, do you have any hobbies?
KR: I collect walnuts.

LilRyan

Oh my... Change is coming.... Is there like a percentage you have to win by? It looks really close as of now.

buddha heist

Hopefully UK remains.

Leaving will have effects on other EU Countries.

Lait_Choco

Quote from: LilRyan on June 24, 2016, 01:54:53 PM
Oh my... Change is coming.... Is there like a percentage you have to win by? It looks really close as of now.
It is an referendum so the most votes wins. And it seems that they will be leaving the Eu union.

Anthony

PineappleTom

52% to 48% in favour of leaving.

UK set to fully leave the EU by A MINIMUM of 2 years (but 2020 is being thrown around).

Our Prime Minister, David Cameron, has handed in his resignation for October. The next Prime Minister will officially start the ball rolling.

D om

Quote from: Anthony on June 24, 2016, 02:58:00 PM
We did leave
We haven't left at all, and can't leave for atleast 2 years yet. In fact parliament can veto the referendum and claim they know what's best for the country.

It's going to be a decade before we see the final results imo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vio

Anthony

Quote from: D om on June 24, 2016, 05:36:03 PM
We did leave
We haven't left at all, and can't leave for atleast 2 years yet. In fact parliament can veto the referendum and claim they know what's best for the country.

I mean that we have voted to leave. I know it'll be a good few years before we come out of the EU. The government cant make people any more unhappy whatever they do. The leave campaign has already backed out on giving the £350million to the NHS they promised which was the biggest reason most people voted out

D om

Quote from: Anthony on June 25, 2016, 12:53:52 PM
Quote from: D om on June 24, 2016, 05:36:03 PM
We did leave

I mean that we have voted to leave. I know it'll be a good few years before we come out of the EU. The government cant make people any more unhappy whatever they do. The leave campaign has already backed out on giving the £350million to the NHS they promised which was the biggest reason most people voted out

Yeh that's an interesting one. I suppose it depends on who wins the next election as to where that money ends up.

Mojo

Some hilarious insults sent to Donald Trump relating to Brexit here: http://9gag.com/gag/abZy938?ref=fbp
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

WG Ajaji

My only concern about brexit tbf is Real Madrid.. so does that mean Bale is counted as a non-eu player and now we exceed our limit by 1 or are they going to treat UK players the same way they treat Turkish and Israeli players?

Mojo

Quote from: WG Ajaji on June 26, 2016, 04:08:51 AM
My only concern about brexit tbf is Real Madrid.. so does that mean Bale is counted as a non-eu player and now we exceed our limit by 1 or are they going to treat UK players the same way they treat Turkish and Israeli players?
I suspect they'd treat them like you say but he'll still be an EU citizen for another two years and I think a British club may buy him back for many millions anyway.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

WG Ajaji

Quote from: Mojo on June 26, 2016, 04:16:44 AM
I suspect they'd treat them like you say but he'll still be an EU citizen for another two years and I think a British club may buy him back for many millions anyway.
Does that English club starts with an N and happen that they just got relegated last season?

Mojo

Quote from: WG Ajaji on June 26, 2016, 04:20:44 AM
Does that English club starts with an N and happen that they just got relegated last season?
No I think it most likely starts with M and ends in anchester United
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Lait_Choco

Mojo you fucking savage :"""""D

Suffud

Apparently they are more interested in James Rodriguez. Both Manchester clubs can throw stupid money around at the moment. I think bale is more likely to stay than move though due to his comments during euro's. Liverpool and Chelsea will be splashing too, arsenal you can never tell with and Tottenham/Leicester will both spend to improve.

GBP has recovered now too, and apparently Germany, France also want referendums.

Mojo

Quote from: Suffud on June 30, 2016, 10:35:16 PM

Apparently they are more interested in James Rodriguez. Both Manchester clubs can throw stupid money around at the moment. I think bale is more likely to stay than move though due to his comments during euro's. Liverpool and Chelsea will be splashing too, arsenal you can never tell with and Tottenham/Leicester will both spend to improve.

GBP has recovered now too, and apparently Germany, France also want referendums.
GBP is still down compared to before the referendum. The stock markets have recovered a bit though.

Anyway, that is all short-term movement. The real effects of Brexit will be clear about 3 years down the line. By that point we'll know if Cameron et als' warnings about the economic consequences come true.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Lait_Choco

Hi I'm Nigel Fagotrage and welcome to jackass.

To my British friends in here; what do you guys think of Scotland? Another referendum for them...
If they can do it somehow it would ignite a fire. Just think of Catalonia, Basken, Flanders and pretty much any region of Europe with right politics. They all want independence.  But the EU will help them, pretty sure about that.

But in my humble opinion: Scotland never belonged to GB. Scotland remains Scotland. They deserved their own country more then hunderd years ago. In eco terms it would be a disaster.(for the next 4 years max)
Anyways Rip GB/COL. Enjoy agreeing a trade agreement with Visegrád. You got rid of EU, but you'll never get rid of those four. Really can not wait for that. And if if it fails, enjoy finding cheap workforces, prices will rise. (but i'm sure those exited voters blame it on EU)

D om

Did you guys see the Nigel Barrage meme?

Lait_Choco

Stil can't melt steel beams.

shookees

I haven't been up with all of the Brexit stuff, so can someone give me a simple clarification?
What power does the referendum have?