• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Bursting in MM2 tunnels.

Started by Rsn_Orange, September 13, 2016, 11:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rsn_Orange

Looking to join a relaxed clan that does loads of optional events?

Click here to join.
Here's our Discord or you can join 'WG_CC' clan chat in game!

Here is where i will be posting xp rates, cost, and gear of me bursting in mm2 tunnels since not a lot of people know that it's like. So i'll post anything request and probably pros and cons.

GEAR:
(Pic at the bottom)

Helm: Ahrim's (+6 magic)
Necklace: Occult (+12 magic, +10% magic damage, stacks with Sotd)
Chest: Ahrim's (+30 magic)
Legs: Ahrim's (+22 magic)
Boots: Infinity boots (+5 magic)
Gloves: Tormented Bracelet (+10 Magic, +5% damage, +2 prayer)
Weapon: Staff of the dead/Sotd (+17 Magic, +15% magic damage, 1/8 chance to refund runes)
Shield: Malediction Ward (+12 Magic)
Arrow slot: Saradomin Blessing (+1 prayer)
Ring: Seers (i)

Why this gear? Ahrims is obvious, cheap, really good magic attack. Staff of the dead over masters wand? Well, i know masters wand can auto cast Ice Burst, but manually clicking for +15% damage (on all targets hit), and less runes used is well work it to me. Occult, magic damage stacks with SoTD on all targets hit. Infinity boots, you'd be okay with mystic i already had infinity... so why not? Tormented Bracelet? Expensive but helps in the prayer department, damage stacks with occult and SoTD so i get mad exp drops. Malediction Ward? Hell of a lot cheaper than mages book and only 3 less magic attack. Also already had one. Saradomin Blessing? well... why not +1 pray? Seers? Do i really need to explain?

Pros of mm2 tunnels:
No other players!!!!!!
Monkeys drop 1 dose ppots often! Saves a ton on costs and you can do all your bursts in 1 trip.
Easy to regain aggro.
EXP: Bursted for 2 hours and averaged 238k an hour until i dc'd and barely got out at 34 hp >.<

Cons:
Can suck to get to..... that's it.

Inventory:  Greegree, ape atoll tab, house tab, ton of magic pots, candle, runes and like 3-4 ppots. I might be missing something until i post pic.

Ask anything you choose.

http://imgur.com/a/jHV9s

XP: It is great of course, what i am noticing with manual clicking is that the xp p/hr isnt as high, but you'll get more exp in the long run with
SoTD than you will with masters wand. for a few reasons. 1) Damage bonus works on ALL monkeys. 2) 1/8 chance of saving runes.... well more casts... so more exp... duh. But more clicking lol.

jjason g

Mages' book is better in the shield slot and if you're lazy master wand can auto cast. Also you don't need greegree.

Rsn_Orange

Quote from: jjason g on September 14, 2016, 12:50:13 AM
Mages' book is better in the shield slot and if you're lazy master wand can auto cast. Also you don't need greegree.
i know mages book is better, i point out the ward is only 3 less magic bonus but it is cheaper by a good bit. I also pointed out masters wand can auto case. second sentence in the description of all my gear and why i chose it :D

jjason g

Quote from: Rsn_Orange on September 14, 2016, 12:59:06 AM
i know mages book is better, i point out the ward is only 3 less magic bonus but it is cheaper by a good bit. I also pointed out masters wand can auto case. second sentence in the description of all my gear and why i chose it :D

oh sorry man, not gonna lie i kinda just skimmed it :)

Rsn_Orange

Quote from: jjason g on September 14, 2016, 01:15:20 AM
Quote from: Rsn_Orange on September 14, 2016, 12:59:06 AM

oh sorry man, not gonna lie i kinda just skimmed it :)

I understand, it is sorta wordy, but I tried to answer questions before they're asked. i just haven't had that much time to bust out a couple hours bursting with this set up, it's usually just 45 min-1 hour i burst.

Rsn_Orange

updated it, didnt add exp rates because i forget to record. but with SoTD it is looking like 180-200k xp p/hr. which is great because of picking up ppots, rune scim and such. also saving runes with 1/8 chance means this is worth it to me. because.... i dont care to be lazy :D.... some times

jaredspurr

nice i heard chinning in that spot is like 500k an hr idk how true it is though

Rsn_Orange

Quote from: jaredspurr on September 15, 2016, 03:45:45 AM
nice i heard chinning in that spot is like 500k an hr idk how true it is though

I will be chinning after i hit 94 mage. i am planning on doing West Prov hard diaries for red chinning area and catching all my own chins for 99 so ill probably make another post or add it to this one after i clean it up because it's really messy.

jjason g

Quote from: Rsn_Orange on September 15, 2016, 12:38:09 AM
updated it, didnt add exp rates because i forget to record. but with SoTD it is looking like 180-200k xp p/hr. which is great because of picking up ppots, rune scim and such. also saving runes with 1/8 chance means this is worth it to me. because.... i dont care to be lazy :D.... some times

took rune scim drops out of table btw. was getting around 220k xp/hr at high 90 magic lvl

Rsn_Orange

Quote from: jjason g on September 15, 2016, 06:40:52 PM

took rune scim drops out of table btw. was getting around 220k xp/hr at high 90 magic lvl

noticed that a past couple days. which makes me sad. 220k xp/hr with what gear?

jjason g

Quote from: Rsn_Orange on September 15, 2016, 11:09:15 PM
Quote from: jjason g on September 15, 2016, 06:40:52 PM

noticed that a past couple days. which makes me sad. 220k xp/hr with what gear?

same gear pretty much, but your xp goes up as your level goes up

L0ot 0r D13

i cant wait to get 99 range/mage !!! :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :nyan: :woeh: :woeh: :woeh:

I CE Y

I'm gonna burst 99 magic from 95 on Wednesday I really ought to get it done!

Yikes

Anyone have a good chin guide for mm2 tunnels?

Seabury

Rsn_Orange

Quote from: Yikes on October 15, 2016, 08:16:12 AM

I also chinned to 99 range in mm2 tunnels. i had max range but you can change it.

Gear: Full Void, necklace of anguish, archers ring, peg boots, avas.

Inventory: 4 Pray (can do less), house telly, ape atoll telly OR seed telly, rest ranging potions.

When you run into the big room, on left bellow the top dead end (if that makes sense) you need to stick to the wall and run back and forth everyone minute or so to stack monkeys.

EXP Rates:
82 range = 450k xp/hr
88 range = 500k xp/hr
94+ range = 550k xp/hr

I redosed on ranging pot everyone 5 levels i dropped until 97-99 i did 3-4 to keep max range level. i peeked at around 580k xp/hr at 97

Yikes

Quote from: Rsn_Orange on October 16, 2016, 03:37:14 PM

I also chinned to 99 range in mm2 tunnels. i had max range but you can change it.

Inventory: 4 Pray (can do less), house telly, ape atoll telly OR seed telly, rest ranging potions.

When you run into the big room, on left bellow the top dead end (if that makes sense) you need to stick to the wall and run back and forth everyone minute or so to stack monkeys.

EXP Rates:
82 range = 450k xp/hr
88 range = 500k xp/hr
94+ range = 550k xp/hr

I redosed on ranging pot everyone 5 levels i dropped until 97-99 i did 3-4 to keep max range level. i peeked at around 580k xp/hr at 97
Thanks for help!!

Ganja Sabre

EXP Rates:
82 range = 450k xp/hr
88 range = 500k xp/hr
94+ range = 550k xp/hr

Those xp rates are insane! Is this for real? Must cost insane amounts of gp!

Ex-Leader of The Sabres

Rsn_Orange

Quote from: Ganja Sabre on October 24, 2016, 01:39:50 AM

EXP Rates:
82 range = 450k xp/hr
88 range = 500k xp/hr
94+ range = 550k xp/hr

I spent about 18m from 86-94 mage and 36m from 82-99 range

jaredspurr

Quote from: Rsn_Orange on October 29, 2016, 04:48:43 PM
Quote from: Ganja Sabre on October 24, 2016, 01:39:50 AM

EXP Rates:
82 range = 450k xp/hr
88 range = 500k xp/hr
94+ range = 550k xp/hr

I spent about 18m from 86-94 mage and 36m from 82-99 range

i feel like that number is lower for ur range lol figured it would cost more

Ganja Sabre

With xp rates like that.. makes me wonder how much higher it could be with salve ammy (ei)

Ex-Leader of The Sabres

Mojo

Quote from: Ganja Sabre on November 04, 2016, 12:32:14 AM
With xp rates like that.. makes me wonder how much higher it could be with salve ammy (ei)
likely marginal as it only affects one target, possibly even less?
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Ganja Sabre

Wait why does it only affect one target?

Ex-Leader of The Sabres

Mojo

Quote from: Ganja Sabre on November 04, 2016, 12:35:57 AM
Wait why does it only affect one target?
that's just the way the salve ammy was programmed, dunno why.
For clarity, the burst/barrage still hits multiple targets, but the extra damage from the salve applies to one target.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly certain of it.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Ganja Sabre

Thanks for the info. Yeah thats what it says on reddit and wiki. I wonder ifnthey would be willing to change that... I never knew that. I used to d hally spec w salve (e) in zooknock/chaos tunnels and thought i was reaping the benefits lol!

Not sure if i'll be chinning then. I was hyped for void and salve stack.

Ex-Leader of The Sabres