• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

[color=red][b][Advanced][/b][/color] Training Combat[07]

Started by Zemus, December 01, 2013, 08:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zemus

This is aimed at 100+ combat, you are welcome to try these methods below 100, but I suggest also reading my Beginners Guide Here.

Advanced Combat Training

Ankous are the lowest exp rate of the three, but it's the only one that you will profit from. If you are low on money these are still a great method of training.

Nightmare Zone is a bit higher exp rate, but you'll lose a bit of money on prayer pots. (you will make some of the cash back from buying rewards with points, but still a loss)

Skeletal Monkeys are by far the best exp in the game, almost double of what you would get at ankous. Only downside is it is also the most expensive since there are no drops to compensate your prayer potions.

Click the spoilers below for more information.
[spoiler=Ankous]
Requirements
Haunted Mine and Tarn's Lair miniquest - Salve Amulet (e)

Ankous are on the bottom floor of the Stronghold of Security.
The quickest way to bank is to home teleport to lumbridge to bank, and take a canoe back up to barbarian village.

What to bring

>Bring the best offensive gear that you have, with a Salve Amulet for an extra 20% Damage.
The axe is to canoe back up after you bank.
If you've done heroes, D Baxe is a cheap alternative for super strength potions. Just drink a restore before your super attack.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Nightmare Zone]
Nightmare zone is a SAFE minigame located just north of Yanille bank.

What to bring

You will need to bring around 36k per inventory.
You can buy Overloads with reward points, they are cheap and highly recommended to use.

How to play
First go to NMZ and put atleast 6k coins in the coffer. (You can put more in, but it costs 6k per inventory to enter.)
Go to World 1 and you will see people advertising quest bosses which only attack you with melee for around 20-30k gold. Trade one of them and they will set it up for you.
Once you're inside simply keep pray melee up and you can pretty much AFK it.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Skeletal Monkeys]
Requirements
Haunted Mine and Tarn's Lair miniquest - Salve Amulet (e)
Started Monkey Madness

If you've done RFD the fastest way here is to teleport to ape atoll, otherwise get a glider to the stronghold from al kharid.
The blue marks are where the skeletons are, make sure to stand underneath the ledge so you don't get hit by the rockfall.

What to bring

You will be protecting from melee so wear either proselyte/initiate or monk robes, Salve Amulet and the best offensive pieces that you have.
[/spoiler]

AFK Training

All you need is a set of Guthan's and you can AFK for up to 6 hours at a time. You can do this overnight or whilst you're at work/wherever else.
There are only 2 locations where this method of training will work, anywhere else you will get a random event after about 20 minutes.

[spoiler=Orks]
What to bring

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Nightmare Zone]
This will only work on normal mode, not hard. So make sure you confirm with the NMZ host to do normal before you trade your gold over.
Stand along the wall so you only have one NPC hitting you at a time.
[/spoiler]

Imbryanman

Good guide as always. A couple tips about the AFK training:

Use extreme caution at orks I wouldn't recommend going fully afk since it's well known now and ppl lure multiple orks on you to get you killed, you don't always die with phoenix neck and rol, but
there's still a chance.

Also the nightmare zone works well it's a lot safer but make sure you have a host with No Demon

Mojo

Gud guide.

Why don't people set up the NMZ games themselves?
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Flames377

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on December 01, 2013, 04:21:56 PM
Gud guide.

because the bosses are ones from the quests you have done, and some of them require 2 styles and rape you.

Mojo

Quote from: Flames377 on December 01, 2013, 06:37:38 PM
Gud guide.

because the bosses are ones from the quests you have done, and some of them require 2 styles and rape you.
so the people you set up the games with have only done quests with melee bosses? :O
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Flames377

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on December 01, 2013, 06:49:22 PM
Gud guide.

so the people you set up the games with have only done quests with melee bosses? :O
Yep

Deane

Great Guide! I would also recommend bringing a Granite Maul to NMZ, when you get the Power Surge power up, you have almost infinite spec so you get tons of xp hammering g maul specs.

Imbryanman

Quote from: Flames377 on December 01, 2013, 06:57:06 PM
Quote from: Mojohaza1 on December 01, 2013, 06:49:22 PM
Gud guide.

Yep

I LIKE CHAINZ

Quote from: Deane on December 02, 2013, 12:54:35 AM
Great Guide! I would also recommend bringing a Granite Maul to NMZ, when you get the Power Surge power up, you have almost infinite spec so you get tons of xp hammering g maul specs.

Yea G Maul is like +15k xp/hr with power ups

Mack

You said you don't make profit doing NMZ but if you get around 550k-700k points and spend it on flax you easily pay off your prayer pots and more. If you have 90 strength 70 attack its easy to make profit :).

Gorexar427

Trying my AFK guthans method to 99 at NMZ.... Wish me the strength to endure this painless hours of AFK and Netflix  :woeh:

Yikes

Great guide too bad they patched the Guthan nmz stuff.... used to get tons of afk xp while sleeping or doing schoolwork.

Mojo

Quote from: Yikes on October 15, 2016, 08:24:55 AM
Great guide too bad they patched the Guthan nmz stuff.... used to get tons of afk xp while sleeping or doing schoolwork.
We will update this at some point. It's a little out of date.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]