My Personal Struggle with Covid and WG effort to help me heal!

WG Repent

Hi! Its been coming up a lot in the CC, and I wanted to write something that lay out the full story so people can know what's going on with me without me spamming CC with some dark stuff every few hours, I'm a pretty positive person and I want my comments in CC reflect that. I am going to be talking about serious health issues but psychical and mental so be warned, its not all gravy  but its what I'm going through right now.

A bit of backstory, I'm a 23 years old guy currently living in Portland, I'm a strong believer in the Word of God I used to work in a warehouse position doing inventory control but am currently unemployed, I went to college for accounting and am currently taking more classes as a grad for business. and worked very hard from homelessness,(was in a home invasion that left me with mental health issues, and lost relations in my own family because of their connection with the crime) in a mission for over a year to get to a stable position with a job and a place to stay that I currently have now and am very grateful for the structure the Lord provided during that time. 

The first week of April everything seemed like a normal work week, my coworker picked me up in the morning and we went about our day, he had a cough one day but we shrugged it off. The second day his Mom had told him she was positive for Covid and that was the same day I started to feel the symptoms. I'm not in the best of health, being overweight but I worked 50 hours a week and was active, this virus took me down hard. It started easy then I broke into a 103.5 fever and had fluid in my lungs leaving me unable to do anything but be in bed at my place for the first week. I went in and got steroids' for my lungs, did the best I could to get better, this was a bad week and mostly was me sleeping in a fever/cough syrup comma wasn't too worried I had about a week of sick pay so I thought id be just fine and would be up by then. Well that didn't happen.

I started to feel a pain in my left leg, mostly an aching almost like a cramp. Didn't think much of it and made a follow up appointment to see a DR that Friday, the pain grew and I was having trouble getting around so I went to the emergency room that Thursday. They did some test and told me I had a DVT(a blood clot) in my leg and that if I took blood thinners it would go away over time. Went home took the thinners and hoped for the best, and things took a turn. After a few days it started to swell and walking became painful, I called and they said that they already have my best interest at heart and that thinners was the only thing to do, that id have to wait it out. By that Sunday I was unable to walk and began dragging myself around my apartment, when I was unable to properly use the restroom or eat that day cause of pain I called 911. They took me in and were shocked by the swelling, it was almost double in size. They said that the steroids' and prescription amount may have cause a growth in the clot. I was on morphine and started taking stronger thinner injections to combat the swelling while in the ICU. This triggered my mental health and I had the worst time of my life in a drug infused comma with no visitors and constant pain. 

Medically things started to get better, but the care became worst. unable to move a  lot of my care involved using the restroom and feeding. I was in a manic state and didn't really understand what was going on but I started to get abuse from the nurse/aids. Their comments really made it difficult to recover and there's was also some neglect and a one point psychical abuse. I have reported this and there's is an open investigation but this was one of the darkest moments of my life. The clot got better and i was out of the danger of losing my leg. a week had gone by and the swelling had just about gone down, but a new problem arouse.

The third week began with me walking up to pain in my chest and being unable to breath, I took an hour to finally get to wheezing and I was making my last call prayers, this moment was the scariest thing I ever encounter and I was sure I was going to meet my Maker. The blood clot had came to my lung,(PE) a very dangerous with a 10% sudden death rate, i recovered that day but the reality of my health started to dawn on me, i could die and there would be nothing they could do for me. Care at this point had been blood thinners which take months to heal a clot, they did have a procedure to break down the clot but they can cause sudden clots in the lungs/heart and they didn't want to risk it if they didn't have too cause the risk could be deadly. i some came to a point of dealing with the pain and weened of the pain meds to a point where I'm on oxycodone instead of morphine.  That help with the vivid dreams/sights i was having and my mental health improved.

All of this began to hit me as my mind started to clear, I had rent due in a few days and bill and I barley had a penny. I don't have a family support system other than my church but they aren't in the best position financial being a small community. This caused a ton of stress and made my time pretty horrible. I was also moved from the ICU into a rehab facility that specialized in Covid patients. With lack of contact i became quite dark and found myself in a depressed state, i couldn't see pass  the fact that i was not only in bad health but was going to lose the stability i worked so hard to obtain in the first place, I lost my job and after paying my bill had little over $100 in my name. The rehab center open a new door though that I am so grateful for, OSRS and WG!

I was able to get my phone(they kept from me cause I was making manic calls) and my laptop. I came straight to OSRS for comfort and it delivered. WG has been so kind to me and the community here has greatly improved my mental health. I've made goals and am working toward them in game though I'm struggling cause I gave all my GP away last year in a 400 mil giveaway as WG Samurai but its made the game a special kind of bootstrap challenge trying to afford bond/balance out gear with a 7 mil bank. My goal right now is questing for the cape, that way i can do more content and eventually have enough gear to boss, I love talking to you guys and hearing your support, and talking in general keeps my mind focused on things other than my health. Back to that.

Currently I am unable to walk, have two different clots, trouble breathing and have bruising in my organs due to strong blood thinners. Sleep isn't a thing and i get kind of pent up being a month of me in bed rest. I am going to recover and the goal is for me to leave the hospital by the end of this month, id like to aim for sooner cause my sister is getting married on the 22nd, its going to be hard but if I push myself I might make it. Financially I'm in a hole, there's isn't much aid since I got a week of paid time off that i had already earned. I looking for remote work so let me know, id do just about anything, I have a laptop and a phone and skills like accounting and some web dev skills. Currently my plan is to break my lease and return to the mission I was staying at, its not ideal but I cant see myself affording rent on the first while being sick, I've done it before and I know the Lord will deliver me. If you know of resources please msg me on discord or game. 

This is kind of were I'm at, half way there to recovery and my health is still on the borderline of being in danger of long term effects, let along the lifestyle change I have to make to cope with my situation. I have found WG very generous with their time and compassion and as a community have done a lot to help me with this ailment. I want to be your friend, and get to know you, I care about you and I know how thing get. I want to keep the CC in a positive light so I came here to write this out and will be referencing it instead of telling the full story on CC to keep things in good vibes. I'd like to use Discord VC to get to know you, and play together so msg me on there and ill hope on! If you have any questions or  comments reach out to me on there or in game.

Lastly I encourage you to share this story with family friends or social media, I want people to see the dangers of Covid and take it in a serious manner from me to you. Post it, blog it, heck send it to all the MLM scammers out there, get it out there that we can prevent people from getting sick, dying and having their whole life change in a matter of moments. The consequences will effect me forever If you can stay safe do it, please!!! Thanks ahead for all your prayers and thoughts, you support me in your own way and ill do the best to love you back, I value all walks of life and just want to live in a way that honors God while living out my relationship with him. This is built on me loving him fully and then me loving others as he love me, this is all he ask of us and that the person i want to be. I have to give glory to him because without him there no way id have made it.

Love from WG Repent 

P.S. Watch my Gainz!!!! No XP waste

On a note, I don't need GP, I appreciate the offers of gear and bonds but I rather have fun earning it with friends! You guys are rock stars and I know you just want to show some love but I wont be taking any donations no matter how hard you try. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...