[Accepted] Tennisstar04

Tennisstar22

Please join our Discord server and read the #joining_wg channel to see the final step in the process.

Tennisstar04

What is your current RS name? Tennisstar04

List any previous RS namesTennisstar04

What is your total level and combat level?

My total is level is 932 and my combat level is 71 (just started playing again 3 weeks ago!)

Tell us about your RuneScape account and history.

Well... I first played RS back in 2004. Got pretttty addicted. Was playing daily, part of a clan (see below), and loving internet life. I managed to get 7 skills to 99 while having all the fun a young teenager has playing online games. At 18 I moved to America to go to uni/college and play time went down and down until I stopped playing (2008ish). The game seemed to be dying out, new skills like dungeoneering just weren't hitting the spot, and lots of my friends were quitting and moving on.

I saw that there was a mobile version of RS coming (for years and years... it never seemed to arrive). Last month I remembered it after seeing something RS related on Reddit so I downloaded it and started playing again. I prefer to play on my laptop now. OSRS has changed so much I really feel like a clan would help me figure out what the heck is going on, and also chatting while playing is much better!

Tell us about your clan history.

I was only ever in one clan as don't want to be switching allegiances or anything! I was in Knights of Order for about 4 years, used to help out with leadership and stuff there. It was a great clan but sadly it died (I think with the EoC?). I've tried looking up all my old friends on highscores and about 4 people restarted with OSRS but none have been online since I started playing again :(

Tell us about your yourself.

I'm in my 30's, back living in England, getting married next year. I work from home for a US company so I'm on my laptop all day and would like to do some AFK skilling while I work (open to suggestions!). I don't really play tennis anymore but love playing golf and padel, going to the cinema, hanging out with friends. Pretty run of the mill stuff! I lived in America for 10 years going to uni and then grad school before working for 3 years. I was in TN and then TX.

How did you hear about us?  It's the Wilderness Guardians!

What makes you want to join us? I searched for all the old clans I remember back in the day and WG was always a big active clan and it seems like you still are today :)

Do you agree to the rules and requirements of WG and understand that this is an honour clanYes

Come clean about anything that may deter us from accepting you: Nothing that I can think of, honestly

1 hour ago, S immons said:

Welcome! Nice application.

I take it the main reason for moving to US for college, based on your name, was because you used to be pretty handy at tennis?! 

Haha, yes! I had a tennis scholarship so fortunately was able to get my two degrees paid for at a nice private school. Very fortunate but was a lot of hard work!

Just now, Tennisstar22 said:

Haha, yes! I had a tennis scholarship so fortunately was able to get my two degrees paid for at a nice private school. Very fortunate but was a lot of hard work!

Nice! A lot of people going down the US college scene route; seems pretty good.

Someone I used to play against did that recently and found himself in Wimbledon on a wild card this year! (I was nowhere near his standard though, always got torched 🤣)

image.png.f4973e0a8d2e2ea735bd37b719f38639.png

Simmons_most_improved_pvp.gif

Simmons3.gif

3 hours ago, S immons said:

Nice! A lot of people going down the US college scene route; seems pretty good.

Someone I used to play against did that recently and found himself in Wimbledon on a wild card this year! (I was nowhere near his standard though, always got torched 🤣)

Yeah, people were unsure of it 15 years ago or so, but a lot of players aren't breaking through now until they are early 20s to mid 20s so suddenly it makes sense to get a degree as a back up and still play some top competition week in and week out. Also, if you're good enough, it's all paid for as opposed to trying to raise the money to put yourself on tour. College let's you network pretty well and you can find wealthy alumni willing to pay for you to go a year or two on the tour.

Always good to see people you've played make it! I have a good friend who is top 50 and love watching him on tv

Congratulations, you have been accepted into our community!

You are now an Initiate Guardian and have 3 weeks to attend 3 events, reply to at least 10 posts and graduate.

Here are some useful links:

• Graduations - you have 3 weeks to post your graduation form. You can post it before you reach all the requirements and fill them in later.
  • Unread content - gives you the latest posts. Keeps you up to date.
  • Important Announcements - check frequently for major updates.
  • Calendar - all events are here, listed in your own time zone. You can even host your own.
  • Discord - keep notifications on for #osrs_announcements and #graduation. We'll never spam you.
  • Recruitment Tips - help expand our clan
  • New to PvM or PvP? Check out the #pvm-help and #pvp-help channels on Discord.
  • Use #pvm-help on Discord to assign yourself roles to get pings for groups
  • Use !pvp to get pings for PK trips.

Important: Please do not talk about PvP events in our Clan Chat. Use Discord.

I and the staff are happy to answer any further questions.

Welcome to our clan!

P.S. Got two minutes spare? Take this optional survey to help us with our recruitment process.

P.P.S. Are you a Discord Nitro subscriber or have a lot of IRL money? 🤑 Consider giving us your Nitro Server Boost. See #nitro-boost on Discord for info.

Rokhart-MD.gif

Rokhart2.gif

Spoiler

wilderness-guardians-member_of_the_monthApril2021.png.ef0719e9b58089af428cba6673c4dcd1.png.f6500a32d771f2491e337d1cdb11a5f9.png.5d5af97ce29746f0b54215ad7caf4c19.png
Rokhart-4.gif

rainbow-text_7.pngrainbow-text_4.png