Warhammer fantasy / 40K

normanbates

Hey, 

I'm new to the clan and was wondering if there's any nerds in WG that take a fancy to the grimdark adventures of the 40K universe or the fantasy one. If so tell me your favorite books / legions / Primarchs / races! 

I'll go first: 

My favorite books so far has been the Siege of Terra series, I'm a sucker for some Primarch action and it's filled with it (no spoilers), my favorite legion at the moment is the Imperial Fists (Daddy Sigismund). Vulkan is definitely the coolest Primarch but the most interesting race to me in 40K at least is the Necrons, I loved the Infinite and the Divine and will probably re-read it soon.

In fantasy the only series I've read to completion is the Rise of Nagash, which I LOVED, it got me deeper into the whole setting, 40K included. Particularly the first book. 

Thanks for reading :)

• 4 weeks later...

Im pretty big on warhammer 40k mainly into the tabletop game and the figurines alot more than the books although ive read a good amount of the hourus heresy series and loved the salamanders series the tome of fire was great and had me doing an salamanders army on the tabletop. So yeah my favourite primarch would have to be vulkan. Race wise though ive always been big on my eldar.

I used to be really big on fantasy before it went to AoS bookwise over there id definitely recommend gotrek and felix.

I know theres a few others who play the tabletop game. The spacemarine video game was also amazing and theres a sequel thats been announced.

gagility.gifGcooking.gif.f45285d6474edf60c7fd690af2ff2240.gifBhunter.gif.33289edaeaf1902c518b397d522ce626.gif

Groedius_pm_mojo.gif

Nice! Vulkan has risen in the ranks since his duel with Magnus in the webway project. Also the description of him standing sentinel as a lone defender at the gate to the warp is so cool.

I've read the Nagash series from fantasy, I got into warhammer through DoW and Total War