Master Duel anyone?

Corbula

• 1 month later...

I used to play Yu-gi-oh competitively in the UK. Qualified for Euro's a few times but never went due to costs, and always came close but never got a top 8 at a regional sadly. 

I stopped playing shortly before Links started, the games gone insane with the power creep now, all boards about making T1 Negate walls.

I used to play Light Hero Beat/Bubblebeat and budget Chaos Dragons starting out, adding in Machina Gadget, Fire Fist, Watts, Volcanics, Deskbot, Kozmo, Geargia, Mermail and Majespecters, Lightsworn and Blue-eyes. At one point I had max rarity Qliphorts, Tellarknights, Burning Abyss and Shaddol stolen from me in a break in. I have IRL some Tri-Brigade for my Fire Fists. Can never find time to go to locals though. 

Is the Master Duel meta currently less toxic than before? When I tried it I got a lot of wins with Watts, but I lost most of the time to non stop GoldenLord Trapdeck and these anime link archetype that uses spells and swaps only having one link out. I'm getting back into Pokemon TCG with the new APP and still miss Yugioh. 

On 3/19/2024 at 10:35 AM, suffud said:

I used to play Yu-gi-oh competitively in the UK. Qualified for Euro's a few times but never went due to costs, and always came close but never got a top 8 at a regional sadly. 

I stopped playing shortly before Links started, the games gone insane with the power creep now, all boards about making T1 Negate walls.

I used to play Light Hero Beat/Bubblebeat and budget Chaos Dragons starting out, adding in Machina Gadget, Fire Fist, Watts, Volcanics, Deskbot, Kozmo, Geargia, Mermail and Majespecters, Lightsworn and Blue-eyes. At one point I had max rarity Qliphorts, Tellarknights, Burning Abyss and Shaddol stolen from me in a break in. I have IRL some Tri-Brigade for my Fire Fists. Can never find time to go to locals though. 

Is the Master Duel meta currently less toxic than before? When I tried it I got a lot of wins with Watts, but I lost most of the time to non stop GoldenLord Trapdeck and these anime link archetype that uses spells and swaps only having one link out. I'm getting back into Pokemon TCG with the new APP and still miss Yugioh. 

There's been 8 worse things than eldlich/sky striker. Currently there's a mimicry of the tier 0 TCG deck, Snake-Eyes/Fire that puts up multiple disruptions in a DPE... uh.. Baelerdroch-type loop where the entire board floats. It's super fun to pilot tbh but besides that there's a few more more-powerful-than-anything-printed-before-Adventurer-Engine decks, like Mathmech(a link spam deck)/Spright(level 2 turbo)/Branded(Shadolls bred with Invoked)/Labyrnth(Traptrix but better)/ and kashtira/tearlaments, the most recent snake-eyes tier "everything in my engine searches eachother and summons for free with 3 bonus effects" decks that got hit by the banlist

On 3/26/2024 at 5:39 AM, 19kc corp said:

There's been 8 worse things than eldlich/sky striker. Currently there's a mimicry of the tier 0 TCG deck, Snake-Eyes/Fire that puts up multiple disruptions in a DPE... uh.. Baelerdroch-type loop where the entire board floats. It's super fun to pilot tbh but besides that there's a few more more-powerful-than-anything-printed-before-Adventurer-Engine decks, like Mathmech(a link spam deck)/Spright(level 2 turbo)/Branded(Shadolls bred with Invoked)/Labyrnth(Traptrix but better)/ and kashtira/tearlaments, the most recent snake-eyes tier "everything in my engine searches eachother and summons for free with 3 bonus effects" decks that got hit by the banlist

My favorite format by far was Geargia/Fire Fist/Mermail - Dragon Rulers dropped into the mix just after with Prophecy and started the whole T0 crap again. It's so oppressive if you want to play anything else even casually. Shaddol, Burning Abyss, Tellarknight for instance could be beaten by other decks planning well with floodgates. But even Gozen Match and Rivalry being hit now. Just negate everything boards seems really unfun, game should be about trading resources going back and forth not I didn't draw a hand trap to stop you turn 1. Kinda glad I never invested back into the game from sounds of that. Searching and swarming is okay for some stuff but the power creep is a bit mental. 

I'm getting into Pokemon TCG with the Pokemon TCG Live App for practise. Even costs wise it seems so much more fresh and refined than Yugioh ever felt. Plus costs a LOT less with playable rarity's having lower ceilings and the higher rarity versions costing more.